Corsair Community

Multiple issues with Corsair H115i pro RBG

H2651

So I have recently bought a custom built pc and since day 1 there has been some kind of weird high pitches noise coming from for radiator area of the H115i. The noise is hard to describe but it sounds quite similar to the ringing noise you get in your ears when you’ve listened to a lot of high volume music (sorry for the poor description but that’s the only way I can describe it) except louder. The speed of the two fans on the radiator also seems to rev up during gaming even when they are set to quiet on Icue and the temp is only at around 27 degrees Celsius. It’s not causing any immediate problems but I do want to know what the root cause is in case it causes further problems down the line.

The fans on the H115i pro should not be revving up and down ever. Coolant temp is slow to change, up or down, and thus the fans should do the same. Can you show us the Performance tab for the cooler in iCUE?

Most likely the high pitch noise is from the pump. If you cycle between the three pump speed presets (Quiet 1100, Balance 2160, Extreme 2850 rpm), it should also shift between "I can't hear it" to "I think I hear it" to "Yes, I definitely hear it". You don't need to run the extreme setting on the pump for your level of wattage from that CPU. It won't make any cooling difference.

The high pitched noise doesn’t change. It stays completely constant from the moment I turn the pc on and doesn’t change tone based on any task I’m doing. It’s just a constant ringing noise and I can’t seem to get rid of. There is also a separate screeching noise that seems to occur when’re I’m on the loading screen for any game.

That part sounds like GPU coil whine. I don't have an answer for that and here is a metric ton of internet discussion about it. On some GPUs you can eliminate it by taking off the overclock, but of course that's not fun.

For now, close iCUE to system tray, close MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, etc. if that is running, and put an ear toward the pump to try and eliminate it as a cause. GPU coil whine should change with GPU load. If the noise is not changing by cycling the pump from low to high, it is likely not the source.

It is definitely not GPU coil whine. I know what GPU coil whine sounds like and this noise is quite different, from sticking my ear close up to the parts I can also tell that it’s coming from the cooler and not the GPU.