Corsair Community

best water block for 6800 uoc w/HydroCool?

c13

Still researching the HydroCool. I would like to know which water block ppl have used to cool cards such as the 6800 successfully with the HydroCool.

The Koolance GPU-180 has been mentioned and it seems to do a pretty good job. I'm also wondering whether anyone had considered grabbing the optional Zalman GPU block from their Reserator series for use with the HC. Thanks.

I would avoid the Zalman vga cooler. It is only a straight pass through hole and aluminum and will not be able to cool the 6800 Ultra very well. I have used the Koolance GPU-180 on my video card and it works just fine. I just switched to the Koolance VID-NV1-L06 which also cools the video memory. It uses the same GPU-180 cooler but is mounted on a plate that holds the block for cooling the video memory also. Works great! Depending on what style 6800 Ultra you have (agp or pci-x) you might need to go with the VID-NV2-L06 cooler. The only difference between the two is the upper cover plate is modified to give clearence for the SLI connector on the pci-x version of the card. Any decent copper base VGA cooler that accepts 1/4" ID tubing will probably work just fine to cool the 6800 Ultra though. Look for my post of pics of my system on this forum to see what the setup looks like.

Archived