Corsair Community

LL120/140 fans stopped working overnight

Kamoedesu

I've had these Corsair LL120 and 140 fans for a bit over a week now, they worked perfectly fine up until now when I turned on my computer and all but one of the LL120's doesn't light up anymore. The fans are connected to a Phanteks fan hub to power the fans themselves, as well as to the Lighting Node Pro and appear in ICUE, but no RGB shows on the fans themselves. The single fan that DOES work is the fan plugged into slot number 1 on the Lighting Node Pro. Fans 2, 3, and 4 do not light up at all, though they do spin thanks to the Phanteks fan hub. The issue literally happened overnight, one day they were working fine, the next they weren't.

Steps I've taken to fixing the issue include:

• Reinstalling ICUE
  • Plugging the Lighting Node Pro into another SATA port
  • Plugging individual fans into different ports in the Lighting Node Pro

None of the above have fixed the issue. I'm unsure if the issue lies with the Lighting Node Pro or the fans themselves.

EDIT: I fixed it, but the fix was very... oddly specific. The fans started to light up, but only after I plugged them into a different spot into the Lighting Node Pro, and the fans were PICKY about it. Fan 4 would ONLY light up in slot 1, fan 1 would light up in anything between 1 and 3, fan 2 only lit up in slot 4, and fan 3 would only light up in slot 2. None of the fans worked in slots 5 or 6, but possibly because I didn't set up the Lighting Node Pro to display 6 fans. I'm exceptionally confused, but happy the fans work now. I'm still open to suggestions or ideas on why this happened. If you need information, my system specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel i7 9700K, stock clock speeds

Cooling: Corsair H150i RGB with stock fans on the radiator; 3x Corsair LL120 and 1x Corsair LL140 as chassis fans.

Mobo: Asus TUF Plus z370

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz 8GB x2

GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070

PSU: Corsair RM850x

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Pro NVMe SSD 1TB

Edited by Kamoedesu

The fan lighting works in series, so if LED #3 on fan 2 goes out, the lights normally stop there. It seems probably there was an issue on fan #1 and through you switching it has landed at the end of the chain, freeing the others to work properly. Check and make sure all your LEDs are lit on the last fan.

The fan lighting works in series, so if LED #3 on fan 2 goes out, the lights normally stop there. It seems probably there was an issue on fan #1 and through you switching it has landed at the end of the chain, freeing the others to work properly. Check and make sure all your LEDs are lit on the last fan.

All of the LED's do work on each fan, I went into ICUE and lit each LED manually one at a time, each one lit up in full Red, Green, and Blue.