Corsair Community

New H100i RGB Platinum SE Running Hot

aarya

Hi Guys,

I recently built a new gaming rig and just yesterday swapped out my stock AMD Wraith Prism fan cooler for the Corsair AIO.

The CPU is running quite hot at around 55 Degrees Celsius at idle and even hotter under small loads. I have re-seated the pump three times, first with stock TP then with Arctic TP. I followed all regular protocol when doing this install.. Pump and fans seem to be working but quite loud when gaming.

Super frustrating since it is brand new and my CPU is running hotter than the stock fan...

Relevant Specs:

AMD 3700x CPU

Asus Prime Pro x570 MB

NZXT H500 Case

I have submitted a ticket with Corsair, but would appreciate any insight from people who have some knowledge or experience with said issue.

Take a look at the “H100i Temp” in iCUE. This the coolant temperature. If you don’t have good contact, it will sit pretty much at case temp with no heat transfer.

However, the other possibility is the 3000 AMD CPUs seem to think iCUE needs it’s full resources. Check on your Vcore level and core activity at idle. The problem that would not explain poor load results.