Corsair Community

Copy custom performance curve between CoPros?

cc10101

I have 3, soon to be 4, Commander Pros. They all have the default performance curves for fans: silent, balanced and extreme default curves. I also defined a custom curve that I want to use for all 32 fans across all 4 CoPros.

I see ways to export entire profiles. I also see a way to apply a custom curve from one fan to all other fans in the profile, or in all profiles in a folder (whatever a folder is).

But I do not see a way to copy an existing performance curve for a fan on one CoPro to a fan (or fans) on another CoPro.

Seems like that would be a common desire. So I figure I'm just misunderstanding how either the export/import thing works, or how the apply to other fans feature works. Or I'm missing some other functionality via drag and drop or something.

Can anybody shed light on how to copy a custom curve between CoPros? Or do I have to recreate it on each CoPro?

There is no direct way to copy the curve from one C-Pro to another. However, I think you might be able to work around it by doing the following:

1) On the prime Commander Pro with the curves, export that profile to your save place. Make sure all boxes are ticked. Save it to your normal place.

2) Re-import the profile. You don't have to import all the data, but make sure DIY Performance is checked. This should create a duplicate of the original profile (1), but it should also copy those fan curves to all of the Commander Pros. It will make duplicate fan curves on the original, but deleting those is likely easier than recreating the curve three times.

I think the ship has already sailed in this instance, but this is one of the reasons a lot of us are moving away from multiple Commanders and using powered PWM fans hubs linked to one C-Pro header to handle large fan volumes. Besides the control curves, handling multiple C-Pros can be a nuisance for lighting and the order shuffles from, boot to boot. Also, unless you use one temp sensor from each Commander to control that C-Pro's fans, you will lose control when the software shuts down, restart, etc. I did the multiple Commanders for a little while, but it was a bit of pain. Much happier using PWM hubs to offload power, but retain control.

Edited by c-attack

There is no direct way to copy the curve from one C-Pro to another. However, I think you might be able to work around it by doing the following:

1) On the prime Commander Pro with the curves, export that profile to your save place. Make sure all boxed are ticked. Save it your normal place.

2) Re-import the profile. You don't have to import all the data, but make sure DIY Performance is checked. This should create a duplicate of the original profile (1), but it should also copy those fan curves to all of the Commander Pros. It will make duplicate fan curves on the original, but deleting those is likely easier than recreating the curve three times.

I think the ship has already sailed in this instance, but this is one of the reasons a lot of us are moving away from multiple Commanders and using powered PWM fans hubs linked to one C-Pro header to handle large fan volumes. Besides the control curves, handling multiple C-Pros can be a nuisance for lighting and the order shuffles from, boot to boot. Also, unless you use one temp sensor from each Commander to control that C-Pro's fans, you will lose control when the software shuts down, restart, etc. I did the multiple Commanders for a little while, but it was a bit of pain. Much happier using PWM hubs to offload power, but retain control.

Thanks for the info.

I'll give the export/import approach a try. Haven't ever exported a profile before. But it seems straightforward enough.

I actually tried the single CoPro w/multiple PWM hub approach first. Using DeepCool FH10s. But I couldn't get the fan speeds working right. The reported fan speeds were all over the place (with some being 3 or 4 times higher than the max RPMs for LL120 RGB fans). So I ordered more CoPros.

I had planned on hooking up 1 or 2 water temp sensors to one of the CoPros and basing my custom performance curves off one of them. So I'll be pretty irritated if it turns out that won't work reliably.

Having bought the extra CoPros, I'll see how things work. If I run into problems, I can always try another brand of PWM fan hub.

I actually tried the single CoPro w/multiple PWM hub approach first. Using DeepCool FH10s. But I couldn't get the fan speeds working right. The reported fan speeds were all over the place (with some being 3 or 4 times higher than the max RPMs for LL120 RGB fans). So I ordered more CoPros.

That's interesting and good to know. I almost ordered that one this last time, but ended up with a Silverstone 8 port. What fan make/model was on the FH10 control slot? There are a few with PWM control issues. Sometimes the Hub smooths it out. Other times not.

I had planned on hooking up 1 or 2 water temp sensors to one of the CoPros and basing my custom performance curves off one of them. So I'll be pretty irritated if it turns out that won't work reliably.

You can do this and it will work. However, what you will want to do is link the coolant sensor plug thermistor to the Commander that is controlling that set of fans. This guarantees they will run their program at all times, with or without the software. One Commander can't read another's temp sensor when the software is not running and the fans will max out. If you have 4 Commanders, that does mean 4 temp sensors. Right now I wish I had about 4 C-Pros worth of sensor data, but most people don't monitor each inlet and outlet for data.

Edited by c-attack