Corsair Community

H150i Pro RGB XT Problem?

TriixstaR

Hi

I am literally in the middle of trying to finish my new build, and my brand new H150i Pro RGB XT is giving me a headache.. I don't think the pump is working, the RGB on the pump header is not turning on, and in my BIOS its telling me my CPU is at 95 degrees, leading me to believe, the cooler isn't working. I have tried changing the SATA cables, I have tried moving the USB header, I have tried pretty much any reachable fan header to see if ANYTHING is going to make a difference and nothing does. I'm starting to think the cooler is faulty but it's literally brand new out of the box today..

I have tried to route a micro-usb cable into the pump header and into an external USB port, but that doesn't help either.. I am almost afraid to even turn the PC on at this point in fear of frying my CPU

My CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X

My Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Ultra

My RAM: G-Skill Neo RGB something something I can't remember exactly

Am I just super unlucky and got a dead H150i Pro RGB XT to begin with, or am I maybe missing something?

You should be able to hear the pump in a quiet room. If its dead quiet, it may indeed be dead. Check for a pulse (vibrations). I would expect the lights to come on when the SATA is connected and I am assuming you are using a 24 pin jumper at the moment. You should have SATA power in that state. Watch out for molex to sata converters. Those don't always provide the necessary voltage.

The MB fan header lead has no effect on operation. It will report a pump speed to the BIOS and nothing more than that. It should not require a USB connection to cycle.

You should be able to hear the pump in a quiet room. If its dead quiet, it may indeed be dead. Check for a pulse (vibrations). I would expect the lights to come on when the SATA is connected and I am assuming you are using a 24 pin jumper at the moment. You should have SATA power in that state. Watch out for molex to sata converters. Those don't always provide the necessary voltage.

The MB fan header lead has no effect on operation. It will report a pump speed to the BIOS and nothing more than that. It should not require a USB connection to cycle.

The 24 pin jumper in the motherboard? I have sata coming directly out of the PSU with like 4 sata headers on it, and it's connected like that.. Have I wired something wrong?

The 24 pin jumper in the motherboard? I have sata coming directly out of the PSU with like 4 sata headers on it, and it's connected like that.. Have I wired something wrong?

No, you said you were "in the middle" and afraid to start up. I thought you were bypassing the MB using the PSU 24 pin jumper to test the cooler. I'll assume instead its just hanging out the back with SATA power. It should run, the pump should light up, and you should be able to feel and hear it.

No, you said you were "in the middle" and afraid to start up. I thought you were bypassing the MB using the PSU 24 pin jumper to test the cooler. I'll assume instead its just hanging out the back with SATA power. It should run, the pump should light up, and you should be able to feel and hear it.

The pump isn't lighting up. The fans are running at full speed pretty much and I can't control them through BIOS as I have 9 connected to 2 lighting node cores that came with my QL120s.

I've tried touching the pump while being in BIOS but it didn't vibrate enough to convince me it's working. While in BIOS I also saw my temps rise from 69 degrees to 95.

It's not running. Even with no CUE connection, USB, whatever, the fans will run from coolant temp and the out of the box state is "Quiet". They would only be racing if the internal coolant temp is out of bounds and I would say it is. That 69-95 climb is classic sign of a no flow state.

Sorry. That thing is DOA.

It's not running. Even with no CUE connection, USB, whatever, the fans will run from coolant temp and the out of the box state is "Quiet". They would only be racing if the internal coolant temp is out of bounds and I would say it is. That 69-95 climb is classic sign of a no flow state.

Sorry. That thing is DOA.

I've already contacted Corsair and they will be sending me out a new one, guess I'll just use the standard AMD Wraith Prism that came with the CPU until it arrives.. Sad though, hoped to have it built and working by the end of today :/