Corsair Community

Setting up curves for H115i Pro and CoPro in iCUE

croviajo

Hello,

I just built a new pc with the iCUE 465X case, H115i Pro and CoPro.

All the 6 LL120 fans are connected to the commander pro, none is connected to the H115i PMW splitter.

3 of the fans are intake for the radiator, the other three are exhaust (top and rear)

I've installed temp sensors as following:

- Bottom of the case under the graphic card.

- Middle of the case beside ARMs.

- Top front of the case behind the radiator.

- Behind the rear fan (exhaust)

This is how I configured iCUE:

image.png

I don't really know what to do so I just selected the 3rd temp sensor for the radiator fans and the 2nd for exhaust fans.

Could guys please help me to setup the curves and which temp sensors I should use.

Thanks in advance.

For the front fans on the H150i - You would use the coolant temp sensor behind the radiator measuring the exhaust air temp off the rad. That will mirror the coolant temperature in the AIO. This is a viable set-up and I have run case fans off non-Corsair AIOs, Hybrid GPUs, and other non-coolant sensing devices for a long time. However, you don't need to. They can go back to the H150i controller, that moves their control to that tab in iCUE, but otherwise it's mostly the same. When they are on the Commander for control, you are better off using the sensor temp in the front than the H150i Temp (coolant temp). When you quit iCUE, shutdown, boot, etc., the C-Pro will lose the sensor data from the AIO without the software. That will make the fans max out. With the temp sensor, they will keep on at their assigned speeds all the time.

There is only one real argument against leaving them on the Commander. If the AIO were to have some type of flow blockage or pump failure, the fans may not respond. In this instance, the coolant temp sensor for the AIO (at the pump) will go crazy high, but since heat is not getting to the radiator for dispersal, the exhaust will be cool. You will see the CPU temp starting ticking up 40..45....50..60..70..etc. This is not likely to happen, but moving the fans off the AIO controller does sever one of its safety functions -- blasting the the daylights out of the fans when this happen. But there is a counter measure to this as well. You should be able to set up a "Notification" action for the cooler. "If temp = 45 or 50C, run fans at 100%" or "trigger all LEDs red" or both. That should make it pretty clear what's happened before the coolant gets into the more dangerous 60C+ zone that might cause real trouble. Incidentally, if the pump is blocked, blasting the fans won't help, but it is a very clear alarm bell.

For the top and rear exhaust fans, you can choose. The top 3 could exhaust all the heat from the H150i by running at half the radiator fan speed. It doesn't take much. The GPU on the other hand will create a lot of heat and that does need to leave. You can split control if you like. You probably want the rear fan to run a pretty good clip in relation to either GPU temp or the rear exhaust temp sensor (my pick), but you will have to learn the normal temp range to make the fan control pleasant. Set it something quiet for the normal idle temp. Figure out your normal peak and set that for something you can tolerate. Leave a blast line a few degrees past the highest you have seen to let you know if things are abnormal. The top 3 can match that, follow the front temp sensor and speed, or run a slightly less aggressive fan curve that the rear, but still tied to the rear exhaust temp. I think the last would be my preference. You could run a max CPU stress test with the H150i at 1600 rpm flat. The four exhaust fans can remove all of that at their idle speed. You don't really need them to work hard for that. The GPU is a difference story and double the watts to evacuate.