Corsair Community

Weird RGB Fan problem

jcniest5

It's weird, just a few days ago, I ran across an ML140 RGB fan and decided to mix it with my HD RGB fans on my 680X, and something weird is going on now. I experimented with all the fan type in the ICUE list, and when I realized it's impossible to mix different fan to the same controller, but now, whatever fan I plug into port 3, the outside ring doesn't light up anymore. FYI: The HD RGB fans included with 680X all have the inner RGB light, which surrounds the fan motor, plus the outside ring, which surrounds the outermost fan housing...

See pictures. Whatever is plugged into port 3, that fan won't have the outermost RGB light anymore. Right now, the bottom fan is plugged into port 3. First picture is when configured as HD RGB Fans.

The weirder thing is, if I configure the Lightning Node Pro as "RGB Light Strip" and enable all 6 Strips, all fans (including the ML140) work beautifully. What have I done to port 3? How come the outermost RGB lighting doesn't work anymore?

Second picture is when configured as RGB Light Strip with all 6 Strips enabled.

Any clues?

20200512_035127.thumb.jpg.aec83e5b8dfbdea1d1718456f04c5277.jpg

20200512_040117.thumb.jpg.d4c4f023e15f9acf98dbd3a11f19d33e.jpg

So ... those aren't HD fans, they are LL fans.

How do you have the channel configured and what fans are on what ports?

LL fans? I swear before I added the ML to the mix, I configured them as LL fans and the lighting patterns all screwed up, but after you said they are LL fans, I configure them accordingly and all fans (including the ML) work beautifully now. I don't know. Beats me...now they work.

FYI: LL fans ports 1-3, ML on port 4.

Thanks for pointing out they are LL fans.

Edited by jcniest5

You will probably want to leave it set up as "LL fans -- 4". That last ML is going to cycle through its lighting very quickly, since it is essentially 1/4th of a LL (4 LEDs vs 16). However, don't forget you can set fan and LED specific patterns. You can make LL 1-3 do one thing and have the lone ML do something else.

When you add a lighting effect, it is automatically applied to all fans. If you left click anywhere in the fan field, it deselects and the lighting effect is removed. Use CTRL + left click drag to select the specific fan(s) or LEDs you want linked to that effect.

When you add a lighting effect, it is automatically applied to all fans. If you left click anywhere in the fan field, it deselects and the lighting effect is removed. Use CTRL + left click drag to select the specific fan(s) or LEDs you want linked to that effect.

Ah...I think I'm beginning to catch on, though I'm still terrible at it. Thx!