Corsair Community

Remount h100i SE Paste Question

natsukirei

Hey team,

So i had to remount my h100i SE , the white one, i did it to tight the first time and noticed idle temps were high, after remounting, my idle temps are at 33C/30C down from 40-45c, this is 1 week after heavy use

Amazing how remounting can make such a difference.

My question is about the paste, i did not re-apply the paste and lets just say i struggled with the mounting, their was alot of moving around to get the clips on and a few retrys, i did touch the paste a few times trying to get the clip screwed back into the hole but i see it on my finger regardless of a quick accidental touch

Is the thermal paste non conductive, and should i be worried, the thermal paste was pretty set and i didnt see any smudge or on go anywhere visually, im just worried i might have smudged some over the edge of the CPU or that it might leak

so basically the re-mount worked and the temps went down significantly, but my paranoia and OCD is extremely concerned about the paste

Edited by natsukirei

The TIM won't harm anything, unless you paint your motherboard capacitors with it. I imagine half the people using these have extra around the sides of their socket. If there was a problem with your remount, you would already know. It would be like before with erratic and overly high temperature reactions to voltage. If you are sitting at 30C, that is as low as it goes.

The TIM won't harm anything, unless you paint your motherboard capacitors with it. I imagine half the people using these have extra around the sides of their socket. If there was a problem with your remount, you would already know. It would be like before with erratic and overly high temperature reactions to voltage. If you are sitting at 30C, that is as low as it goes.

thanks, this comforts me haha, its sitting around 35/33C when completely idle, 37C with firefox and skype/discord and apps open, and around 45/41C under gaming load, my water temp is 30C and the ambient temp in the room is 17C

Edited by natsukirei