Corsair Community

K95 macros aren't working

Zombernatural

Are you trying to use macros without running iCue?

Just received a K95 and I found that previously programmed macros don't work unless iCue is launched and the specific profile is selected.

Corsair website says:

"CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM features CHERRY® MX Speed keyswitches backed by a lightweight aluminum frame. 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback enable profile access independent of external software."

but macro playback is not independent of external software.

Thinking of sending it back for this reason.

I'm currently trying to use the makros for text-pastes but whenever I press the buttons, nothing happens. It looks assigned and saved for me.

Try a repair install of iCUE. Windows Settings -> Apps -> Left click on Corsair iCUE and select Modify. This seems to be a general clean up remedy for odd problems like this.

Are you trying to use macros without running iCue?

Just received a K95 and I found that previously programmed macros don't work unless iCue is launched and the specific profile is selected.

but macro playback is not independent of external software.

Thinking of sending it back for this reason.

You can run select macros or save other commands to keys, but you must do so in the Hardware Profiles and physically save it to the device. Those are named "K95P (XT) HW1-3", etc. You can have hundreds of software profiles all with different macros, lighting, layouts, etc. It's can't save all that to the KB. You need to determine what gets saved. Obviously without the software to support it, some functions aren't possible.

Macros working now, though they seem to require about 20 seconds after Windows starts before they become active.

The information I had found online referred to a Save button, which is nowhere to be seen in the current version of the software.

This page on the Corsair website also specifically references a Save button

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/blog/setting-a-macro

"To save the profile to the peripheral, all you have to do is click on the button that says "Save to K90/K95/M40/60/M65"

Not very intuitive to remove this.

cors_macro.PNG.f6ba4b58653ff2063658564f4c20dea4.PNG

The older hardware utilizes a "save to device" button that worked for simple settings and 1 slot devices. The page you referenced is even older than that. For the last several years, hardware has switched over to a "save slot" kind of system. You use these Hardware Profiles in the software which act like a template, with only savable actions available and as a way to manage multiple save settings. You set it up how you want it, then click the "Onboard Profiles" tab. Now you can save it you any of your 3/5 slots depending on whether you have the Platinum or XT variant.

*Not sure on the delay, but iCUE is definitely a slow loader even after the desktop comes up on cold boot or full restart.

OK, the current procedure in iCue is actually:

Click on "Onboard Profiles".

Click one of the three icons.

Click "Overwrite".

but there is a page on the Corsair website which specifically references the K95 keyboard, yet has outdated instructions.

The CORSAIR How-To Youtube channel also has outdated instructions.

The current iCue software has no button marked Save, unlike just about every other application.

Not having a good first experience with this keyboard. Documentation is inadequate and iCue should be more intuitive, especially at this price point.

I could overlook this, if the macros worked as expected. When I plug the keyboard into a different laptop that doesn't have iCue however, the previously saved macros don't work.

"8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback enable profile access independent of external software."

but again, it appears the "hardware macro" is actually dependent on external software.

Edited by rdhma

Try a repair install of iCUE. Windows Settings -> Apps -> Left click on Corsair iCUE and select Modify.

Worked for one of my profiles but not the other 3. They are all using the same hardware actions. And and I had actually uninstalled and reinstalled it and that did not help before.