Corsair Community

Just ordered H115i RGB PRO XT Will this be an Upgrade over H100i GTX

ToothlessRaider

Hey all, my H100i has lasted 5 +years across 4 different pc builds. But its not cooling my I7 9700K all that great, hitting 75C to 80C in most pc games and peaking spikes as high as 94c.

I bought the H115i RGB PRO XT and a new case, CM H500.(replacing this 10 year old MK1 Chaser)

My question, how well will the H115i cool the I7 9700k? I am hoping better than the H100i GTX, 2x 120mm vs 2x 2800mm and 5 year tech difference, should keep me under 65c?

ty

Well, radiator tech is not really something changing by leaps and bounds. However, you have gone up a size and it is brand new. Most AIO units will have some measure of performance decline over time since you can’t really do internal maintenance. If your GTX/v2 cooler lasted 5 years, you did well. The XT should be an improvement in all areas.

Well, radiator tech is not really something changing by leaps and bounds. However, you have gone up a size and it is brand new. Most AIO units will have some measure of performance decline over time since you can’t really do internal maintenance. If your GTX/v2 cooler lasted 5 years, you did well. The XT should be an improvement in all areas.

Hey you! You helped me fix my H100iGTX issue with fan 0 rpm last month.

Ty for that, yeah I decided I should get a new aio with a new warranty to sleep better, as my temps are getting warm. The AIO MUST be kept at extreme or it gets too hot

Coolant temp is 40.20c Here are my aida readings

LVQRFQd.png

Peaking as high as 94c. I am hoping for some better temps.