Corsair Community

Bad stick of 512mb ValueSelect memory

I recently downloaded the Microsoft Ram Diagnostic test and ran it to find that all of the tests were being failed. I removed one of the two 512mb Corsair ValueSelect memory sticks and all of the tests still failed. Next I removed the one left in the motherboard, and replaced with the first one I took out, then all of the tests repeatedly succeeded.

I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NS motherboard with an AMD Athlon 64 2800 processor. The ram was purchased from Newegg.com as a 2x512 (1 gig) pack, and is only about 6 months old. Please advise on what I should do now.

Thanks,

Brandon

• 3 weeks later...
Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I received the ram this past Friday and everything is working great now. I just wanted to say thanks and brag on the awesome customer service you have within your company. It was super easy to get the product replaced, something you don't find from many companies these days. I'll be a Corsair customer for as long as the standards are as great as they are now.

Thanks,

Brandon

Archived