Corsair Community

I think I need an RMA

The chips in question are 2 CMX512-3200LLPT.

These chips are compatible with my mainboard according to the Corsair compatibility list.

My Mainboard is a MSI-7025 K8N Neo2 Platinum with and Athlon 64 3000

I have the newest BIOS (2/17/05) and no overclocking. The BIOS recognizes the chips as running in dual configuration 128bit but only at 167mhz. It also sees the chips as DDR333. Running under this configuration Windows cannot Prime95 torture test and experiences many weird memory related issues (BSODs, error reports, strange app behavior). I have manual selected memory settings and ran just one stick at a time and there seems to be problems with both. Neither is ever recognized correctly at 200mhz or DDR400.

My two cmx256a-3200c2 chips work great and their specs are picked up correctly.

Please help I bought this board because I thought it would work with my existing memory (according to the corsair compat list). Unfortunately I don't have my P4 board anymore to test these chips in to see if they work in that one anymore.

Thanks for any help

What is the revision # of each stick?

How To Read the Memory Label

One thing I wanted to add is I ran the memtest CD on each module individually, one module runs clean everytime, the other (if the computer boots) gets many errors so I'd like to take back what I said about both modules being bad, only one of the modules seems to be the culprit. Also the good stick reports itself correctly in POST.

The revision # on both modules is 1.2

XMS3205v1.2

Thanks

The reseller is no longer around so I'd really like to go through you guys if I need an RMA.

When testing the memory was it set to 200 Mhz or 166 Mhz? In AMD systems it is recommended to keep the FSB and the memory @ the same speeds for stability. Also, they have a lifetime warranty so no worries about that.

When testing the memory was it set to 200 Mhz or 166 Mhz? In AMD systems it is recommended to keep the FSB and the memory @ the same speeds for stability. Also, they have a lifetime warranty so no worries about that.

It was set to 200mhz, I can try and set the max mem clock to 166 and I will get back to you. The other stick ran through the memory test all nine of them I think about 20 times with no problems though at 200mhz.

I appreciate your responses on a Sun.

Thanks and I'll get back to you with the results.

I've tested at 166mhz and the culprit module although it booted easier this time meaning I didn't have to reset the computer multiple times still was heavily errored by the time tests 4 and 5 rolled around, the other stick was rock solid as it has been at 200mhz. The other twin kit also was rock solid in 128bit and 64 bit mode at 166 and 200.

I'd really like to get this stick replaced, what should I do from here?

Archived