Corsair Community

H115i Pro Fans Stuck at 900rpm at 100%

Meron

I am using a H115i Pro to cool my CPU and my Fans have been stuck at 900rpm at 100%. ICUE shows that my curve at 100% only goes up to 900rpm and the fixed RPM mode doesn't seem to do anything.

I plugged in my fan cables to the Corsair splitter, connected the micro usb to the USB 2.0 in my motherboard, and connected the SATA power. In terms of cables, it was set up as instructed.

I originally used Corsair Link until I was told that ICUE is better.

Some checks done:

- H115i Pro Firmware [up to date]

- ICUE Update [up to date]

- MB Firmware [up to date]

900 rpm is the right speed for 32C coolant temp. Uncheck the “all devices switch” to bring back individual control. Note the pump only works on three fixed speeds (1100/2160/2850) represented by the three presets. Hit the + to create a custom curve. Fixed % and RPM also hide there. Click on the fan profile (it will shade yellow), then click on any fan you want to apply it to. The fan/pump will ‘ring’ yellow when successfully applied.

Does it respond to fixed % or fixed RPM directions?

I guess it doesn't matter if the curve is not working and that needs to get solved. The Pro has two independent fan control headers, so the chance of both fans having defective PWM wires seems extremely low. It may be some type of profile corruption and we need to clean it out. Since it looks like you don't have any other Corsair iCUE devices, this is a little more straightforward. The only other logical possibility is another program interfering with control. Don't run AIDA, HWiNFO64, etc. at the same time as iCUE without disabling the monitoring of the Corsair hardware.

Uninstall iCUE from the Windows Settings. When it asks you if you want to keep/delete your settings, select to delete them. Restart the PC and then re-install iCUE. See if it is more cooperative.

I uninstalled iCUE selected to delete all settings. Restarted. Reinstalled iCUE.

I tried fixed % at 100% but it didn't work.

Same with Fixed RPM.

Curiously enough even set at 20% the fan speeds don't change at all.

I don't have any other fan controlling software installed.

747a8f4680146c712be3c7e564c29055.png

Yeah, obviously something is wrong. Pop the fans off the H115i pro connectors for a moment and swap them. This really should make no difference since they are independent channels, but I am afraid after that we are looking at a replacement.

I didn't ask before, but I had better now. These are the stock ML140 fans that came with the cooler? You can use others, but there are a couple that suffer from PWM incompatibility issues and this is what it would look like. BeQuiet, some of the Noctua Industrial models, and EK Vardar are the most notable.

I am using the H115i Pro as well. I have the fan headers plugged into CPU_FAN PWM fan header on my Asus X470 Crosshair VII Hero motherboard, and I am using a Ryzen 9 3900X CPU. I find that when I set extreme mode the maximum I can get on the fans is about 1150 RPM. I have also tried setting custom fan curves, fixed percentage/RPM and I cannot get the fans to go over the 1150 RPM limit. I understand that the fans for the H115i are capable of running up to 2000 RPM. While I don't need them to run that high, I do need them to run a bit faster to keep my system cool under load.

dsiFnoj.jpg

Edited by mikelimtw

I am using the H115i Pro as well. --- I have also tried setting custom fan curves, fixed percentage/RPM and I cannot get the fans to go over the 1150 RPM limit.

That's because 1200 rpm is the free air maximum on the ML140 "Quiet" fans on the H115i Pro. The radiator reduces the maximum slightly to the 1150 rpm you see.

Buy different fans, but I strongly suggest looking at your typical coolant delta between idle and load before making changes. A Ryzen 1600 doesn’t have the wattage to for fan speed to matter very much.

I'm running a Ryzen 9 3900X and the coolant delta is about 20 degrees C when I am running Folding @ Home or doing any Handbrake video encoding.