Corsair Community

Copy lighting effect from one profile to another

cristofer50

The “Lighting Library” is your clipboard for copy/paste work. Their is a button in the drop down tools in the lighting panel or you can physically drag it. Copies stay in the library until you manually delete them. There are limits and not all devices have similar lighting capabilities or physical layouts. You can’t copy your keyboard lighting to your RAM. You can copy that really tedious 21 color gradient for your fans from one profile to another.

• 10 months later...

I am building a folder of profiles for a game and I want certain keys to act the same in each profile while the other animation effects vary from profile to profile. If I copy a lighting effect to the Lightings Library, it copies the color settings, but not the keys its tied to or the activate/deactivate settings like start/stop on key press.

Is there a way to copy the whole thing? I realize if I had them all planned out at the start, I could have copied the entire profile, but I added these after much of the other unique effects per profile were in place.

Use the ‘copy profile’ from the main drop down menu. That will duplicate the entire profile with a (1) after the name. If you are using a lot of complex lighting or action assignments, it’s much faster to rename a profile and change a couple of colors. Especially true for profiles that are minor variations from a base concept.