Corsair Community

280 vs. 360 AIO

dcx4610

I decided to clean up my build a bit and realized I can fit a 360 radiator in my case.

I currently have a Corsair Hydro 115i 280mm and was considering a Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT 360mm.

If I upgraded, would I notice any appreciable gains? One thing I question is I'd be going from 2 140mm fans to 3 120mm fans but a larger radiator. Would we be talking only a few degrees difference top difference or maybe even less?

I'd like to make use of the extra space but I guess it needs to be worth the upgrade.

Also, is there any update on the availability of the H150i RGB PRO XT? It has been out of stock since Feb.

Thanks.

Edited by dcx4610

Generally speaking, there is an overlap in performance between radiators of proximate sizes. You can get a 240mm to hang with a 280mm, you just need push pull or pretty high fan speeds. Same thing on 280 to 360. I have done a lot of this and have a 10x140mm system and another 9x120. As far as everyday cooling goes, things are mostly the same (within 1-2C at worst). The difference is I can get away with running the 3x120 radiators at a comparatively lower noise level. There are also some small subtle tonal differences between a 140 and 120mm fan, but that is user preference to be sure. The more telling question might be if one or the other 'fits' the system better, either in terms of fan size, fan count, using fans you already have, etc. Otherwise, it's mostly of question as to whether you prefer 2x140@1000 rpm or 3x120@1200.