Corsair Community

Fan and RAM RGB sync

eaSycM

Hello guys!

I've searched for some time now but didnt find a solution for my problem so im asking you.

I got LL120 Fans and Vengance RGB Pro installed and i was wondering if they can get synced up with specific light effects.

In my example i've chosen the sequenced effect and i would love if it rotates like this: Fan1-Fan2-RAM1-RAM2-Fan3 if you know what i mean.:D:

But it seems that i can only set them up seperate and not sync them together.

Hope i find help here, thanks!

You won’t be able to get it to go part way through one device, jump to another, pick up on device 1, resume on device 2... without some very elaborate programming to simulate that sequence. Each device or RGB channel acts like a separate programmable group. There are global Lighting Link effects that will automatically chain these groups together, but jumping around the case from LED #6 to #51 to #13 is not really attainable.

If you were trying to do something relatively simple like the 2 front fan -> RAM -> Rear fan example above, it might be possible.

You would need to program delays (lights out phase) for each device and then have them all run on the same clock time. So front fans would go "Gradient up - down - off --- off." RAM would go "Off - Gradient up-down - Off" and the rear fan would go "Off - Off - Gradient up/down". The front two fans and the rear fan need separate lighting programs. This is very technical in the timing and requires a lot of tinkering to get it right. You have to count LEDs in each device and adjust the speeds to be even, despite the RAM and fan having different LED counts. Not really a casual or easy undertaking. Most people will be happier with Lighting Link patterns that can be made and changed in seconds.

You're right!

Forgot about the Lighting Link syncing Fans and RAM's together. Sadly the sequence effect is not available there but it still better then having them run desynced, so thank you :)