Corsair Community

H100i V2 Fans reported at 0 RPM, but always spinning

Revv

I have a strange situation. My H100i v2 is reported to have fans stopped at 0 RPM both in BIOS and in ICue, but I can see them spinning. It's driving me crazy because they're always on and never stop.

Is this a known issue? How can I fix it?

For reference, it is connected to CPU_FAN header in my motherboard.

Make sure the cpu fan header is set to 100% in the BIOS or its fan control “disabled”. The cooler needs the full 12v and speeds are adjusted in the software.

The cooler may be connected to cpu fan, but where are the fans connected? They should be on the pump’s splitter, but the BIOS can’t read that controller. Likewise if you connected the radiator fans directly to the motherboard, iCUE/Link won’t see or control them either.

Thanks.

So, in my BIOS I don't seem to have a way to disable fan control. The best thing I could do is set it to "Full Power". However, that did not get iCue to properly recognize or manage the fans.

The next thing I did was to remove the fans from the splitter. I put in one fan into CPU_OPT and apparently the BIOS was doing well with it. The issue is that once I get back into Windows something is taking over and trying to manage the fan. iCUE is showing me 0 RPM, but that is expected because as you say iCue can't read off the motherboard.

It seems that either way isn't working great for me unfortunately.

Any other ideas?

Full Power is often “EZ” BIOS language for “disabled”. It may show as disabled in other parts of the BIOS.

I wasn’t suggesting you move the fans to the MB yet. That shifts the control to the MB and all speed and control will be through that. They are now removed from the Corsair system. If Fan 1 has a problem with its tach wire, it won’t register in the BIOS either.

The better troubleshooting step is to switch the two fans on the splitter (1<->2) connected to the pump. The fans are running, but the tachometer line is not reporting. You only need 1 to report since they share the line.