Corsair Community

Icue unaccebtable CPU usage

stevvie

Why does Icue take between 1-3% of my CPU usage + another 0.3-0.5% for the services? Thats more than firefox whilst browsing these forums. I have a 8600K @ 5Ghz so i know this isn't high but it IS unacceptable .

Image1.thumb.jpg.1faec7e1a202edef6fb97abe8ce6a02f.jpg

You can't compare a full monitoring, multiple device, lighting, audio, peripheral control program to a web browser. It's not the same task. If you want to make comparisons, look at other monitoring programs or full lighting/audio programs. Not sure how you would feel about the 18% iTunes is using to play background music right now or your plans for the other 97% of yours.

LOL Obviously I can as it is ONLY a monitoring/lighting program and the other is a FULL featured web browser with 5 tabs open doing much more functional stuff for less CPU usage. And as for other monitoring programs I only have Logitech Ghub that uses 0% CPU and 0%GPU compared to the 2-5% CPU and 5-8% GPU (R5700XT)

Image1.thumb.jpg.9c312ca0c1fe7dd926b8da8b17eb971d.jpg

your web browser does nothing once the page is loaded, unless there's things running in the page like.. youtube videos..

Showing the miniature preview of a video there takes 1 - 5% CPU.. playing any video uses 2 - 8% on very low res..

Now try to close iCue and see how much it takes. that's what counts. When it's open it can take a lot of CPU and GPU usage just for the display of effects on the interface.

If you leave iCue window opened constantly, you just ask for CPU load.

Hmmm... iCUE is running at 15-20% cpu constantly on my system. Also, task manager is showing me that the power consumption trend is very high.

Is there a way this can all be reduced?

I only opened Icue as well as logitech ghub to show them both side by side and as with both minimized Icue takes 1.3-1.6% and Ghub again takes up 0%. I post the screenshots as there are ALWAYS fanboys who doubt anything negative said against their favorite products and like to give as much info as i can to help with any problems.

Image1.jpg.aec8a529b1cb6f112e489ee1af75dd50.jpg

I only opened Icue as well as logitech ghub to show them both side by side and as with both minimized Icue takes 1.3-1.6% and Ghub again takes up 0%. I post the screenshots as there are ALWAYS fanboys who doubt anything negative said against their favorite products and like to give as much info as i can to help with any problems.

OK, you win. All programs are the same, do the same things, and should use the same amount of resources. Wow, those people at Logi must be really good! 0% CPU or GPU resources? I wonder how it runs without using either? No matter. The bar has been set for everyone else at 0. Unless of course I have made a massive series of erroneous assumptions and don't really understand very much about how a computer works.

Hmmm... iCUE is running at 15-20% cpu constantly on my system. Also, task manager is showing me that the power consumption trend is very high.

No, that is too high and something isn't right. Go ahead and start a new thread and we'll try to isolate what's going on. This thread is destined to get locked and there won't be any troubleshooting going on here. The OP will have to get his program usage from 1 to 0% on his own.

You had better start your own thread as I've upset some fanboys with facts and they have a hard time with FACTS

OK, you win. All programs are the same, do the same things, and should use the same amount of resources. Wow, those people at Logi must be really good! 0% CPU or GPU resources? I wonder how it runs without using either? No matter. The bar has been set for everyone else at 0. Unless of course I have made a massive series of erroneous assumptions and don't really understand very much about how a computer works.

thats why i posted the pics as Fanboys talk like this ALL the time : ), but thanks for the great help i'll be sure to recommend you to others

Edited by stevvie
  • Confused 2

You had better start your own thread as I've upset some fanboys with facts and they have a hard time with FACTS

Your " facts " are not facts , they are your results only :p:

I also use Lghub - G513 & G560 - and have average CPU usage of 2.5-3.5% and with icue - Virtuso SE's - I have average cpu usage of 1.5-2%.

It will likely depend on what you are using with them that makes the difference , in my case the ambient lighting of the G560's is the difference.

Want to try a bad app , try Asus Aura sync , makes both the above look perfect.