Corsair Community

Remove Hardware Profiles from profile list?

Deam

Reposting this in the main thread.

With the newer ICue updates, the hardware profiles for my K95 Platinum keep showing up in the profiles list. I have two profiles I use. The issue being that when using the switch profile button, the hardware profiles are part of the cycle and so now it cycles through five vs. two profiles.

This wasn't the behaviour in prior versions.

When I delete the profiles, they simply reload on restart or when I reload ICue.

Thanks for any assistance.

Edit: I should add that yes, if you clear all the memory form the keyboard it works, but then you no longer can set what the hardware lighting should be. When I do that I get the default red keys with white lightbar.

Edited by Deam

Well what do you know. My problem was I didn't read and ICUE has changed how things are done. Thanks, Corsair Nick for the link and the updated information I was missing. Getting old with bad eyes is an uphill battle. I have gotten all of it sorted now.

Edited by KILLER_K

When I delete the profiles, they simply reload on restart or when I reload ICue.

That's what they are supposed to do, although it will only prompt you on the first opening of iCUE after boot. If you don't open, it won't ask. However, rather than continue to delete them, there is an easier solution.

1) Go into the keyboard Actions tab and click + to create a new action.

2) Change it from Macro to Profile Switching. It will automatically add all of your software profiles to the list. You can remove any you don't want.

3) Assign a key to act as the profile shuffle. You can assign the existing Profile Switch button or any other.

4) At the very bottom, click "Assign" to duplicate this command in all profiles in the loop list.

Now the profile key will only go through your specified software programs. With a short number of profiles this is pretty easy. If you have several dozen, management is always going to be more laborious. Just stick the HW profiles down at the bottom of the list and be thankful you don't have 6 keyboards and 4 mice with HW save profiles.

That's what they are supposed to do, although it will only prompt you on the first opening of iCUE after boot. If you don't open, it won't ask. However, rather than continue to delete them, there is an easier solution.

1) Go into the keyboard Actions tab and click + to create a new action.

2) Change it from Macro to Profile Switching. It will automatically add all of your software profiles to the list. You can remove any you don't want.

3) Assign a key to act as the profile shuffle. You can assign the existing Profile Switch button or any other.

4) At the very bottom, click "Assign" to duplicate this command in all profiles in the loop list.

Now the profile key will only go through your specified software programs. With a short number of profiles this is pretty easy. If you have several dozen, management is always going to be more laborious. Just stick the HW profiles down at the bottom of the list and be thankful you don't have 6 keyboards and 4 mice with HW save profiles.

Thanks for this suggestion - seems workable. Thankfully my Nightsword had no profiles saved so they don't show up in the list either way.