Corsair Community

Rainbow Wave Effect on Lighting Node Pro Suggestion to Developers

hughjazz44

The way the Rainbow Wave effect currently works is by sequentially changing colors down the addressable line. This causes LL fans (and really, all Corsair fans) to shift color in a circular fashion, with LL fans having a 2nd circular effect in the hub region. This is all fine and good, but it is NOT a wave. If you look at a Corsair keyboard, it moves across the entire surface and not through each key down the line.

My suggestion? The wave should move across the entire surface of the fan in a particular direction and not just in LED order. It's hard to explain, so I'll attach a picture of my setup. I have a rear exhaust fan, a 120mm tower cooler, and a triple fan intake. If you setup a Rainbow Wave to use ONLY the top and bottom LEDs on the fan hub, the wave will cross all fans in a TRUE wave. The problem with doing it this way is that you're only using 2 of the available LEDs in each fans. It makes the fans MUCH less bright, and the wave animation is more choppy than it could be.

Developers!!! PLEASE modify the Rainbow Wave effect on the Lighting Node Pro to be a TRUE wave on fans!!!

To further illustrate my point, here's a video demonstration of my profile in action:

[ame]

[/ame]

1150988310_RainbowWave.thumb.jpg.f73118ca70b22685503bab92a7703742.jpg

Edited by hughjazz44

This was the old sequential from the Link days, rainbow channel to some extent, and there are several more whole fan shift effects with the QL fans. The one closest to what you want is probably Ping for QL. However, I am not sure changing the current Color Wave would be well received. Getting rid of one preset for another is guaranteed to annoy half the people using it. I am still not happy about the "new" sequential.

Everybody likes new effects and I am sure more would be be great. You are able to create something you like using the custom tools as intended. It seems your real issue you don't like the name. Keyboard, fans, and mice/headsets don't have a lot of structural similarities and that is one of the difficulties in creating universal presets. As for names, it's just a name unless you really want to discuss the missing amplitude, crests, troughs, etc. My rain effect isn't wet either.

Until the last update it would have been difficult to implement i guess, because fan orientation is never known.

Now that we can rotate them in app, that kind of effect is easier to make. Hopefully it's coming

You are able to create something you like using the custom tools as intended. It seems your real issue you don't like the name.

No, because the way I've implemented it, it only uses 2 LEDs on each fan. I want the fan to use ALL available LEDs for this effect so I get a smooth wave and high brightness.

There's already a "Pong" effect that moves across the fans in a line, so there's no practical reason they can't implement this new effect. The "Pong" effect can also be modified to correct for different fan orientations, so it's definitely not outside of the scope of Corsair engineers.

Also, they don't need to change the existing effect. They can just add a new one, so that people who like the old way can keep using it.

Come on guys!!! Let's get this done!!!