Corsair Community

Newbie question. H115 and a 500D SE

ZeusyZeus

Hey guys, I currently have a 500D SE waiting on the H115 cooler to come in. My question is I have the 3 standard LL120 fans in front and 1 additional in the rear. The 280mm H115 should work just fine in the top right? The specs say it supports it but this is my first time dealing with a radiator so I’m not sure how bulky and what not it will be. Just want to make sure I’m all good to go so I don’t get disappointed after mounting everything. Appreciate any help.

Theoretically it should work. However, I do remember some minor complaints about the width of the 500D. 140mm based fans/radiators are sometimes too wide and physically clash with VRM heatsinks or RAM. I am not a 500D owner and hand on experience is really what matters for these case fit questions.

Have you looked in the Cases section? This must have come up at some point.

Thanks for responding, yeah I looked around in the cases subforum and didn’t really see anyone saying it doesn’t fit. I just don’t want it to clash like you’re saying. Should I post this in the case section?

This post seems to answer it directly. It's tight, but does fit.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=196004

Thank you very much. Yeah I saw a guy post the same build on Reddit almost a year ago and it looked super snug. He had the H100i which is practically the same I think? Anyway I assembled the mobo today just waiting on the cooler to show up and damn Is that rear fan super snug to the ROG Strix logo portion on the mobo. Here’s a picture of that guys build I mentioned it’s exactly how mine looks. Honestly I kinda wish I had known this before I got the case. Reddit post with picture

Read the last post in the thread. He is specifically talking about a 280mm radiator up top, that it fits, but is really tight. A H115i is a 280mm radiator. A H100i is a 240mm. The H150/360mm they are discussing is in the front.

Read the last post in the thread. He is specifically talking about a 280mm radiator up top, that it fits, but is really tight. A H115i is a 280mm radiator. A H100i is a 240mm. The H150/360mm they are discussing is in the front.

Gotcha my dude thanks for clearing that up!