Corsair Community

Just arrived>>New twinx1024-3200c2pt Hardly Stable

Just received the above memory from Corsair. Advertised as 2-3-3-6 but Intel 865 PERL 800FSB is defaulting to 2.5-3-3-8.

Usually getting a Windows Error message, consistently kicks me out of FIFA Soccer after a 10 minutes of play.

Had Crucial and Micron - 2100MHZ ran at dual channel - no problems.

Suggestions please?

What CPU do you have?

Manually set to:

CAS Latency: 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.7x or 2.8 volts

Set all other settings to defaults. Test one stick at a time.

What CPU do you have?

Manually set to:

CAS Latency: 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.7x or 2.8 volts

Set all other settings to defaults. Test one stick at a time.

P4 3.0E

Was hoping this would be fairly straight forward such that I can spend time on more important matters; hence Corsair.

Change settings as suggested (perhaps this is an important point) but went into bios and could not locate any voltage adjustment option. Went to Intel's website and checked on board specs...2.6 Volts (only).

So, (and its probably no coincidence) I get just past the user account stage and she automatically reboots with the remaining setting changed (ie. 2-3-3-6).

So all is forgiven, Corsair...wish my wife was a little more understanding but it is Friday night afterall!

Thanks much for your help...glad I didn't waste too much of your time!

But now what/suggestions?

It seems that the voltage is the main source of the problem. I'm assuming the motherboard isn't new, so your best bet is to return the TwinX1024-3200C2PT to your retailer and get something else. I think Corsair's value Select is tested @ 2.7x, not 100% sure though. They may do fine @ 2.6. I'd wait for an official answer on that. Ram Guy will be back Monday.

It seems that the voltage is the main source of the problem. I'm assuming the motherboard isn't new, so your best bet is to return the TwinX1024-3200C2PT to your retailer and get something else. I think Corsair's value Select is tested @ 2.7x, not 100% sure though. They may do fine @ 2.6. I'd wait for an official answer on that. Ram Guy will be back Monday.

Looking forward to some kind of fun. Heard that TigerDirect will not provide a refund on memory. Corsair says 3200C2PT is compatible...

http://compatible.corsairmemory.com/memorysearch.aspx?modelid=1001

Also says, Value Select is compatible...obviously, can't be 100% sure...

HI RAM GUY!!!!

Compatible, yes, in terms of being DDR memory. That's probably why they're listed in the OC part, for people who volt mod their boards I suppose. Assuming you've got enough time, I'd wait for an official response on Monday of course.

• Corsair Employees
On an Intel 865PERL; all you can do is set the timing settings manually at 2/3/3/6 and CPC override Disabled for 1T, and this should fix your problem. If it doesn't, I would check on Intel website for any BIOS update, and if there is then flash your BIOS to the latest one and load optimized/setup defaults and change the following settings again and check and see if the voltage setting is added to the new BIOS version.

Archived