Corsair Community

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 3200 Overclock Help

djaddx

Hello,

I have tried to get my Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 to work at 3200 speeds but I haven't been able to find the correct timing/voltage combination. I'm not sure if my RAM is just bad or not compatible with my Motherboard/CPU combination. When I finished building my desktop, I updated windows, drivers, and BIOS. I was able to set up 3200 speeds with the A-XMP profile. I was able to use my PC with no issues for 1 day. The next day, the computer kept restarting over and over. I eventually figured out it was the XMP profile.

I have tried to use Typhoon + the Ryzen DRAM Calcualtor.

I have tried to use the Corsair suggested settings.

I have tried to try out some timing combinations I found online but nothing has worked.

Everything I try just causes my PC to keep going to the failed overclock screen or to keep restarting over and over without ever getting to Windows login screen.

Here is my build:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x CPU

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi on latest BIOS(Version E7C37AMS.170)

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (Vengeance RGB pro 3200) RAM 2x16gb sticks

Cooler Master Gold 650W PSU

EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Windows 10 home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by djaddx

Try giving it a little more voltage on the ram. Some boards tend to be off a little. Try selecting 1.36/1.37v and see what happens. and 4 sticks are a little more taxing on the memory controller as well. You can also give the SOC voltage a little bump as well to see if it helps. Maybe try around 1.063v or so and see. Edited by KILLER_K

Have you tested with a single stick to see what happens? Have you tried a full BIOS CMOS clear and start over? The 4-sticks is just general info I always try to post

I have tried to go up to 1.4v on the voltage and nothing. Also, it's 2x16gb sticks.

I went to exchange the memory and I was able to successfully overclock to 3200 by turning on XMP profile. Ran a memory test and 0 issues.

I'll run another one at night and see.

Great to hear it is resolved. It makes me wonder if the corrupt SPD Tables from software RGB is still a thing now.

I went to exchange the memory and I was able to successfully overclock to 3200 by turning on XMP profile. Ran a memory test and 0 issues.

I'll run another one at night and see.