Corsair Community

Corsair h100i v2

extreme08

Hey guys

I have a h100i v2 and I'm pretty happy with it, but I want some rgb fans thats why I just purchased ql fans to put on my radiator. Are they any good or should I make a push/pull config with the aio fans as push and the ql as pull?

next question: the usb connector from the AIO to the motherboard is only for control right? there's no power delivery from the header to the pump, or am I wrong? cause I want to unplug the usb connection from the AIO and plug the light controler into it, after setting up the fan curves and saving it then to the aio, will that work?

The H100i v2 does get all its power from that motherboard fan connector. Leave it set to 100% or disabled in the BIOS.

You do need the USB connection from the cooler. That is the link between device and software. If you pull, you have no more cooler control or monitoring. It will continue doing the last known profile. If you are short on USB 2 headers and need to connect the Lighting Node Core in as well, you might look at powered USB 2 hubs or USB 2 splitter.

You can do push-pull with the original fans + QL. This will be most helpful at lower fan speeds.