Corsair Community

First timer with RGB and I need help! QL120 and LED strips

Hey team, i'm a first timer with all this RGB goodness, and haven't been following tech as its been a few years since my last build.

I have a new AMD build using a Coolermaster ML360R AIO cooler, but I have replaced the CM fans with 3 Corsair QL120 Fans, and have also added 2 QL120's in the top and a single QL140 in the rear. This means my Lighting Node Core is full, but I also have a set of Corsair RGB strips I want to add, and potentially another fan at a later stage. What is the easiest way to do this? The main issue I have is I am out of USB2.0 headers as the CM uses one, and so does the Node Core. Any help for this RGB scrub would be very much appreciated. I'll also add that I have the RGB Corsair RAM, just in case it matters :D

EDIT: I think I may have bought an extension set of LED's as I dont have a controller, yet I see another set with a Corsair Lighting Node PRO from the same place I bought my strips from. Is it that simple?

Edited by ^sheep^

Mostly that simple. You need another RGB channel and another USB 2.0 header. Switching to the pack with the lighting node pro gets you the extra RGB channel. The extra USB 2.0 header is also pretty simple. A lot of people with massive amounts of RGB end up getting the NZXT USB 2.0 header hub to put in their case. Adds 4 usb 2.0 header connections and 2 regular USB 2.0 connections inside the case. Plug it into the motherboard and then other 2.0 devices to the hub. That should solve it for you.

I second the recommendation of that NZXT Hub. I have one in my current daily drive and have also bought another for my in progress build.

Another piece you may want to consider is Corsair's Commander Pro. That comes with 2 LED channels as well as 2 USB ports. It will consume one, but give you 2 back so its a net gain of 1. Plus 6 PWM fan ports - if you want to avail yourself of those too....

And so it begins - lol !!!!