Corsair Community

Temperature lighting link is not working

GentleHandshake

After installing Valorant, and having to restart my pc, the temperature lighting link stopped working. I tried restarting my pc again, didn't work. I have it to display on my Numpad and its just blank. So I went into sensor logging in the icue software and its blank. The option to select which hardware component its gauging is also gone. I don't know what happened, but I guess icue just stopped detecting all my hardware in my system.

Made an account on here just to let you know you are not alone. With the latest Valorant update, its anti cheat flags CPUZ149 as suspicious and stops it from starting.

Best I can tell iCUE is using that as a base to monitor temps, and with it stopped it can't tell you anything.

This is a HUGE problem for me as I use a Commander Pro to control all of my fans. I just submitted a bug report to the Valorant team to try to get that whitelisted. I highly encourage you to also report your issues to them to get the word spread.

Edited by eightbitjuan
typo

Yes, iCUE uses the CPUID SDK (CPUZ) to monitor system temperatures.

Yes, Valorant, in their infinite wisdom, seem have have flagged this as a cheat tool. I guess system monitoring is now cheating? It makes no sense.

I've also reported this to Corsair as we've seen a number of reports of it but, IMHO, it's Valorant's issue to fix.

Yes, iCUE uses the CPUID SDK (CPUZ) to monitor system temperatures.

Yes, Valorant, in their infinite wisdom, seem have have flagged this as a cheat tool. I guess system monitoring is now cheating? It makes no sense.

I've also reported this to Corsair as we've seen a number of reports of it but, IMHO, it's Valorant's issue to fix.

This isn't a Valorant issue to fix. iCUE uses an out of date cpuz version which has critical security issues (allowing indiscriminate memory access regardless of permissions) that cheaters happen to also use. You can read here for more information.