Corsair Community

Commander Pro Communication with Mobo

ReeReeCat

Hey Friends!

I apologize in advance if my question is phrased badly but I'll do my best...

Question up front: Will the devices connected to Corsair Commander talk to the motherboard? I.e., I know the XC7 water blocks talk to motherboard directly because it has it's own mobo header connection... but.. if i have 4 fans on a radiator for a GPU water block... and those four fans are all connected to Corsair Commander Pro, does the CCP somehow carry that information to motherboard as well? IF so... how? If not, How can I make it?

EDIT: If it doesn't by default: Can I split just the 3rd pin of each Fan connection (I believe pin3/yellow is "sense") FROM the CCP and send that TO a mobo fan header?

Specing a new build with the following equipment (abridged to only relevant modules):

1x Gigabyte x570 Extreme Motherboard

1x Corsair CPU Water Block XC7 RGB (1151/AM4)

2x Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 FE Rev.B)

13x ML140 Pro RGB LED Mag Lev Fans

(4 for each gpu radiator block)(x2), the last 5 will be airflow only in/out

3x Corsair Commander Pro Modules

Edited by ReeReeCat
More Information

The Commander will link back to the software via USB 2. The iCUE software will pick up most motherboard data, although the 4 native temp sensors on the C-Pro will likely be what you want for the liquid temp sensors. It's a standard 10K input, so all the various brands out there work.

The XC7 and XG7 blocks have RGB wires that will connect back to the Commander (or Lighting Node Pro )for lighting control, but that will be the only physical connection. It will not connect to the MB in the same way.

I am not quite sure what you asking on Commander to MB fan header question. Are you trying to use the MB as a powered hub of a Commander control signal?

You probably do not need 3 Commander Pro units. We can find other ways to get them all under control with less cost. Powered PWM repeater hubs are the easiest, especially when you are going to run banks 3/6 all at the same speed on a radiator.

The Commander will link back to the software via USB 2. The iCUE software will pick up most motherboard data, although the 4 native temp sensors on the C-Pro will likely be what you want for the liquid temp sensors. It's a standard 10K input, so all the various brands out there work.

The XC7 and XG7 blocks have RGB wires that will connect back to the Commander (or Lighting Node Pro )for lighting control, but that will be the only physical connection. It will not connect to the MB in the same way.

I am not quite sure what you asking on Commander to MB fan header question. Are you trying to use the MB as a powered hub of a Commander control signal?

You probably do not need 3 Commander Pro units. We can find other ways to get them all under control with less cost. Powered PWM repeater hubs are the easiest, especially when you are going to run banks 3/6 all at the same speed on a radiator.

Ok, to be more specific of what "Results" I want...

The gigabyte X570 has a huge amount of built-in monitoring tools. I want to, and will likely use the CCP for almost all my control and monitoring, BUT... I don't really want the motherboards built in monitoring to go to waste (especially during POST and such). So I want gigabyte's built in monitoring to also work in tandem with CCPs (Monitor only, NOT control!). That way, If i ever feel like comparing the two data-sets (between CCP and Motherboard headers), I can bring them up side-by-side.

Gigabyte's monitoring won't 'see' anything connected to the Commander Pro, if that's what you are looking for.

Ok, so my assumption was correct. So I should just be able to jump the yellow sense lead off a commander pro fan connection and connect that to the motherboard's fan header on pin 3, right?

Ok, so my assumption was correct. So I should just be able to jump the yellow sense lead off a commander pro fan connection and connect that to the motherboard's fan header on pin 3, right?

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. I've not tried it myself (not felt the need to) but it should work.