Corsair Community

iCue crashing when launching a game

Metallikahn

So, I've got quite a bit going on with my iCUE setup between fans, lights, peripherals, etc... I've managed to work out pretty much all the bugs I was having except for this one.

I've setup a handful of profiles that I've linked to games. Right now I have 3: Ark Survival, Destiny 2, and Doom. The Doom profile switched over to the correct light settings and runs perfectly when I launch the game. The other 2 crash iCUE. When I minimize out, restart iCUE, and manually select the correct profile, everything works correctly and no crashing once I go back to fullscreen. It only seems to crash when it attempts to auto switch to 1 of those 2 profiles.

Anybody have any clue why that might be? :confused:

This issue is due to the ASUS MB plugin, you can disable plugins in the iCue Software to avoid this.

Still weird that it works fine with Doom. If that's really the issue, hopefully they get it fixed at some point.

I have an issue with Battley knocking out half my lights on a handful of games. I have to Alt + Tab out and relaunch ICUE to fix it and then go back int he game. It is what it is but it is annoying.

This might be the common denominator here. I know Ark uses BattleEye and I'm thinking D2 might as well (though I haven't played in awhile and can't remember... Just tried to launch it for testing today to see if it worked or not, but didn't look into that).

Makes me wonder if it's an iCUE/plugin problem or BattleEye doing what it does and just misinterpreting what iCUE does as "cheating".

I have mentioned it numerous times in the Beta testing stage. I think they said it was an issue with Battleye and they weren't sure what they could do on Corsair's end. Something on Battleye's end flags it for some reason. They may have even stated they sent in and asked in one post. It is rather annoying though. It is what it is.