Corsair Community

Issue with Corsair ram and fan rgb

Jekzell

I've been pushing this to the side for awhile so now i figure I get around this and try to get this fix this issue already. So I have 5 corsair's LL120 fans for awhile now and same with the (2) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO. Ive notice with certain colors like white, yellow, magenta, and afew others would have a off shade. The fans would have a different shade of the color than the ram does. All 5 of my LL120 fans are connected to a Lighting Node. what can I do to fix this. Would love to have my colors all the same.

https://imgur.com/a/kAM7Xif

Have you tried adjusting the brightness slider to try and make them equal out a little better? I know it is a great solution but you can get it a little closer that way. I think that is the biggest issue is getting the color to match perfectly on all items. There is going to be a difference between items as always in the PC world. No two items will be the exact same.

Or you can manually edit the color number to get it closer as well. It just depends on how you want to tackle it. I have 4 sticks of ram that never sync and they are all out of wack as well. Instead of them all doing the same thing each one is a slight color delay that gets worse with each stick. You are not alone in all of this.

Edited by KILLER_K

This has been coming up a lot lately. The original LL fans have a decidedly "cool tone" to their hue. Newer hardware with light diffusers like that RAM, QL fans, etc. are more neutral. As suggested above, the easiest thing to do might be subtracting some blue out of your RGB values on the fans to try and warm the color up a bit. You'll have to play around with it a bit to find a close match.

Well, it's a warmer and more neutral tone, but I am not telling you to go buy $300 worth of fans.

This was a mock up for someone else. The tonal differences are also easier to spot in person vs photo. If I run through all the instant lighting colors, the system matches. However, the real reason to buy the QL fans is because you want the QL fans. You get a few more preset effects, they look better from either side, and there is no difference in fan performance.

4w5xkf79to87k1g6g.jpg

Oh, without a doubt and the camera hides some of the differences. Before I added them in, I had them on a radiator sitting outside the case. Once iCUE loaded, they defaulted to white instead of the usual rainbow madness. I about fell out of my chair. I still think the HD do the brightest, cleanest white, but that is because of the clear frame. However, the QL are good and have a much more neutral tone that is likely to be pleasing to most people.