Corsair Community

iCUE not responding with Lighting Pro RGB Strips

mixedracebaby

i got these rgb strips about a year ago and they've been fine since. but the last 2 updates started an issue.

i have it on a sequential profile, and only 1.5 of the 4 strips respond. it stops, and is a frozen, solid color halfway through the second strip. if i quit icue, they are not affected by hardware lighting. they stay the same color they froze at. the 1.5 part of the strip that does work shows the color i chose for hardware lighting like normal.

if i restart, the frozen strip area stay the same.

the only thing that gets it go to back to "normal" is a complete disconnect from power, ie a shut down. then after turning it back on, the hardware lights will be fine, that is, until icue starts again. the profile starts, then it freezes again.

i have LL120 fans and a h100i connected and respond fine with icue. its just the strips that freeze up.

anyone else been having this issue? any fixes? ive tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, disconnecting usb devices, forcing firmware updates, everything i can think of. issue still persists.

try shuffling the physical order, put the strip that it first fails at, at the very end - a single failed LED in the line can cause everything after that point to stop working

if thats the case and you move them correctly, you may find your last strip is the one that stops now and the rest work normally

After a horrible experience trying to go back to an older version, loosing all my fan profiles, deleting all my lighting profiles, and manually resetting my k95 because of some weird Japanese characters in the save slots, it all works correctly.

Edit, nope just took longer, strip froze again

Edited by Space Doctor

I just got this issue on the latest update. The strips just partially freeze. Power off only to unfreeze. Color shift works fine, any moving "addressable" effect will lock up eventually

i think you're right about the moving effect causing it to freeze.

i set it to a static color just so if it freezes, at least its all one color and not terrible.

and the only time itll change color would be when the hardware lights turn on when my computer is idle and locked (or screen saver is on)

and... it works fine. when icue loads up again, it changes color just fine.

after removing the first strip that was freezing, the rest of the strips are now working. If an update to icue is cooking strips, something is very wrong. Did you experience an odd strobe effect upon update? wonder if whatever was wrong did this. started a warranty claim.

after removing the first strip that was freezing, the rest of the strips are now working. If an update to icue is cooking strips, something is very wrong. Did you experience an odd strobe effect upon update? wonder if whatever was wrong did this. started a warranty claim.

the only thing i can remember happening before all this was they would flicker or flash a lot. like the programming was restarting.

another update

i moved the strips around. i rearranged them so that the strips that frozen were in the position where the strips that didn't freeze were.

they still froze in the same area, so i dont think its the strips themselves.

also, they managed to "unfreeze" themselves once. so this tells me this is 100% icue being dumb.