Corsair Community

iCue Software issues

100noobsdead

I have a new build as of 30 minutes ago. the only thing installed is updates, drivers, and EVGA precision for my GPU.

I installed icue because i want to control the fans and once completed, it kept making a windows 10 sound like i just installed a USB or a new device. this did not stop. I was able to control the fan speeds but would make that "new device" sound and drop the fan speeds down to 500 and then make their way back to 1600 rpm over the next 1 minute. then after 2 minutes it would repeat. nonstop. I have nothing else installed. I removed the program and reinstalled it and same thing. nonstop. Brand new build no other software installed other than EVGA precision.

AMD 3800X, ASUS strix X570 itx, Gskill 16 GB, Corsair H110 or 100 platinum, Silverstone SST750 PSU.

Not sure which of those two AIO coolers is installed, but it is likely that device dropping in and out. You will be able to see it drop in/out of iCUE when this happens.

This has been a problem for people on the x570 platform. Most have found relief by using a powered USB 2 hub as an intermediary between the MB and the Corsair devices. The NZXT model is a popular choice and inexpensive, but surely others work as well.