Corsair Community

After installing iCUE, all colors do not work

Glaucus01

Hey everyone,

I haven't been able to find an old thread with an issue quite like this one.

The K95 Platinum came in today, and when I plugged it in the lights for all of the profiles worked.. Spiral Rainbow, Rain, Rainbow Wave, for each of the 3 profiles, respectively.

However, when I installed iCUE, I pushed on the profile key on the keyboard and no RGB lights show up any longer, even when editing in iCUE.

I am not sure how to trouble shoot this! Aside from the RGB not working, everything else works fine, like programming the macro keys, etc.

Let me know if there are details I can provide that can help.

Thanks!

A little update.

I noticed that I had the k95 plugged into the USB 3.0 DAC, I switched to a normal USB 3.0 and restarted, but the same issue is going on.

Also, the keyboard lights up during boot, but after I log into the computer the keyboard eventually goes blank, no colors.

When iCUE is not running, the profile switch will shuffle you between the 3 Hardware (HW) profiles saved to the device However, when iCUE is running, it shuffles you through your software profiles. Saved hardware lighting does not show when iCUE is running. Two separate systems with different capabilities. Obviously with the software running you have enhanced options.

If you just started, you likely only have the "default" profile and then the three "K95P HW 1-3" hardware profiles. The hardware profiles do not show their colors since they only exist in the Hardware Lighting tab. You only need to create more software profiles with the + key and set up the lighting as you see fit. The 'default" profile is not really the default. Whichever software profile you drag to the top of the list will be the default when the program starts.

Thank you, c-attack.

After reading through what you mentioned, I made a profile called 'Test' and dragged it to the top of the list of profiles. Then in the Lighting Effects tab I selected Spiral Rainbow and there still are no lights coming on.

EDIT: Also, the lighting effect doesn't appear on the iCUE window, either.

Is there something else that I'm missing?

Edited by Glaucus01

Self-resolved.

I uninstalled iCUE and then moved the USB port I was using from the 3.0 port to the 3.1 port.

After that? Everything is working as it ought to. iCUE gives previews of the colors, the keyboard itself lights up, and I believe I'm set.

I should have used the USB 3.1 at the onset.

Thanks again!

I did everything above, but still no lights... :/

Instant Lighting don't work too...

PS: Fixed uinstalling iCUE, removing all config, installing iCUE again and importing old config...

PS2: Glitched again. ANNOYING.

Edited by d00p