Corsair Community

Coolant Temperature H80i

DeadManInBlack

Hi there I'm getting some weird temperature readings on Corsair Link 4.9.9.3

Coolant temperature on my H80i is 115.5/115.6c typically.

CPU temperature on the 4 cores is around 29-41c when not under load.

Unfortunately I couldn't get ICue to recognise the H80i so reverted back to Link.

Firmware version for the H80i is 1.0.7 and I can't see any newer version.

Q Fan is disabled so can't really see anything wrong, just wondering if anyone has come across this before.

Thanks for the help.

If this is the H80i (2013) with a piano black square block, it will not work with iCUE. You do need Link.

I was hopping that 115 was Fahrenheit, but that would still be too warm and doesn't match the CPU temps at all. If the coolant is 45C, then CPU can't idle at 30. It does seem like a sensor or software glitch.

If it is the physical sensor, I am not sure what can be done. Trying re-installing Link. If you have no other CUE peripherals (Keyboard, mice, headsets, etc), go into C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming and delete the Corsair folder. Those are remaining settings for iCUE (CUE 3). This is supposed to be deleted on removing iCUE, but if you don't check the "delete my settings" box, it will stay. It should not affect Link, but obviously something is giving back garbage data.

If this is the H80i (2013) with a piano black square block, it will not work with iCUE. You do need Link.

I was hopping that 115 was Fahrenheit, but that would still be too warm and doesn't match the CPU temps at all. If the coolant is 45C, then CPU can't idle at 30. It does seem like a sensor or software glitch.

If it is the physical sensor, I am not sure what can be done. Trying re-installing Link. If you have no other CUE peripherals (Keyboard, mice, headsets, etc), go into C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming and delete the Corsair folder. Those are remaining settings for iCUE (CUE 3). This is supposed to be deleted on removing iCUE, but if you don't check the "delete my settings" box, it will stay. It should not affect Link, but obviously something is giving back garbage data.

Thank you for the helpful reply its much appreciated, yes sadly the piano black one.

If the above doesn't work any ideas where the sensor is, I assume its built into the CPU mount?

I'm not too worried as core temperature seems to be right as I'll likely be upgrading all being well next year once the monitor connection specs and next batch of graphics cards have settled down.

I did take apart one from that series about 5 years ago, but I wasn't really looking for wiring and it was more of a brutal autopsy. I can't offer any insight at to where the sensor is or if it is replaceable. These things often have proprietary physical aspects that make plug and play replacements impossible. Even taking the screws out to open it can be a really frustrating experience. I am not sure I recommend that unless you are prepared to buy a new cooler the next day. It has a good chance to end badly, even for skilled users.

The best interim solution might be to move the fans off the H80i controller and onto the MB. CPU temp fan control is probably going to be more reliable than an erratic coolant sensor. The other option would be to used fixed fan speeds. Set an idle level for desktop work. Going to do some play or extended load? Set it to a tolerable medium-high speed. There is nothing wrong with using the cooler this way, other than the need to manage it.