Corsair Community

6 rgb fans but i can only get 4 to light up!

matty8708

hey guys i need a little help with my rgb fans. i have 4 corsair hd120 fans installed in my case and 2 rgb fans that came with the corsair h100i liquid cooler.the fans are slightly different to the others but does that make a difference? the 2 that arent lighting are actually the ones that came with the cooler suprisingly. i have them connected to a corsair fan hub that came with the fan pack i baught.one side of the fan hub connects to the power supply and the other end just has a little control to adjust the lighting effects,speed and colour.no cable to plug into the motherboard? im really confused and ive tried everything. do i need a commander pro to run the 6 fans? some help would be amazing! thank you

First, it seems like you only have the HD thumb remote and no software interface device (Lighting Node Pro, Commander Pro, Lighting Node Core). I don't think anything other than HD fans will work.

What "H100i" cooler you have? Historically there are 7. The current H100i Pro and XT do not have RGB fans, nor do older models. Only the Platinum has included RGB fans.

It does make a difference for lighting on fan type, but is possible on the software side. Your HD work in 12 LED units, so the lighting set-up is 4 x 12 or 48 LEDs. You can only designate one fan type, so adding in 2 more ML-RGB fans means you need to set 5 HD x 12. The 60 LEDs overshoots the 56 you have, but that is as close as you can get. This works better with the ML-RGB at the end of the chain (RGB slots 5 and 6). This is only going to come into play if you move to one of the previously mentioned lighting controllers.

DO NOT connect any of this stuff to your Motherboard RGB headers.

thank you for the reply :-)

i have the corsair h100i rgb cooler this one

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-rgb-platinum-240mm-all-in-one-hydro-cpu-cooler-2x-120mm-ml-pro-rgb-fans-r?gclid=CjwKCAjw-YT1BRAFEiwAd2WRtt2gPN5nrJnr3wXvEgR8dHu_nZsf-PKsc65Ectdugow6m-u91A800BoC9REQAvD_BwE

and no i dont have a node pro or commander pro so maybe thats the problem?

do you think if i bought the commander pro it will all work together even with the 2 rgb fans that came with the cooler? there really nice fans and they deffinatly have rgbs.i dont have anything plugged into the mb apart from the fan connectors.

heres a picture of the computer for you. thank you so much

94143348_2643026372493518_4040943254869377024_n.thumb.jpg.a6f06b415a46562e3fc8fb9527fdae0f.jpg

You have an easier solution. You have the Platinum RGB series H100i, so you already have a build in lighting controller on the pump head. There should be two splitters coming from there - one for PWM fan control wires and the other with a pair of RGB connectors specifically for those 2 ML fans. You will need iCUE to control both speed and lighting for the Platinum cooler. The HD fans will continue to work from the thumb remote only.

If you get tired of the manual control for the HD fans, you can get another lighting controller to move them to the iCUE software. This can be a Lighting Node Pro (LNP), which you might want to buy as the "Expansion kit" that comes with 4 RGB strips. It's usually only fractionally more than the stand-alone LNP. If you want iCUE to control fan speed as well for the case fans, then you need a fan controller. That is the Commander Pro. It is a lighting controller and fan controller in one. It would plug into the back of the system.

Take a look at the FAQ below.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Edited by c-attack

yeah i tried that but im still without lights to 2 of the 6 fans.im really confused.i have the 4 hd fans in the rgb fan hub and even then the rgbs dont light up the way they should,then i have the 2 pump fans connected to the ports that they come with, i ordered the commander pro so hopefully thatll fix my issues. also what cable would i need to buy to connect the commander pro to the rgb fan hub? as mine hasnt got a cable just the switches to change the colour and mode.cheers

Which fans are not lighting up? I thought it was the two ML-RGB on the cooler? Some of the HD fans don't light? You need to be very specific. The lighting works in series 1-4 on the RGB Hub. If LED #4 on fan #3 is the break, then the lights stop right there. You can try plugging the fans in a different order to try and isolate the fan with the break. If it is the same every time, it could be the hub.

The Commander should have the cable to connect back to the RGB Hub.