Corsair Community

Commander and lighting node core prob

monkified

(SOLVED) Like the numpty i am i had connected the usb connector from the node to the commander wrong with it being 9 pins and 1 blocked out one i had moved it to the end of the connector thus missing out 2 pins to avoid me bending any pins. all that time ive spent on it

hi all

i read through loads of threads on here about my prob but i still cannot seem to suss it out so im hoping somone whos brainy or had the same prob on here can help

ive got 6 corsair 465x case with lighting node core and 6 ll120 rgb fans connected to a commander, ive got my lightning node connected into the usb passthrough on the commander and the commander connected to the only usb slot on my mobo asus390i. the commander is working fine through icue controling the fans but the lighting node is not showing up on icue or through usbdview to control the lighting effects there just stuck on rainbow. ive tried already trying both usb ports on the commander and all my connections match from 1-6 with the lighting node(if that matters i dont know)

ive turned fastboot off and XHCI is enabled and disabled ive tried both but ive left it on now.

uninstalled and installed icue

The LN did actually show up once until after a reboot but never again as it showed its face

there is one thing that i have noticed that one of my fans that came with the case as only a 3pin connector and the other two have 4pins which i have tried in all the ports on the commander.

would it make any differnce if i bought a LNP instead of the one that came with the case?

would it make any difference if i bought a usb splitter instead of running the LN though the ccommander?

could it be a faulty commander passthrough and how could i check this? or a Faulty LN

i have k70 keyboard m65 mouse m800 mat all rgb is it poss that any of these could be conflicting with the setup.

Thankyou in advance i know this topic as been covered numerous times

Edited by monkified

(SOLVED) Like the numpty i am i had connected the usb connector from the node to the commander wrong with it being 9 pins and 1 blocked out one i had moved it to the end of the connector thus missing out 2 pins to avoid me bending any pins. all that time ive spent on it

Dude ... it happens. I've done that more than once, to the point where I've developed a bit of OCD paranoia about anything connected to the CoPro USB. I double/triple/quadruple check that it's on the right pins.