Corsair Community

Temps of my PC

Ajm430

I have the corsair 280x. and idk what are the temps that my pc is supposed to be. What i have on my pc is i7-9700k, H100i RBG Platinum SE with 2 120 LL RGB fans, gigabyte z390 m gaming motherboard, RTX 2060 Gigabyte Gaming oc pro white, and for my fans i have two LL120 rbg fans on the bottom and 2 140QL Fans on the front and bottom and front are intake and top is exahust. and i idle at 30 high and low 40. and gaming is like 60s. and on my gpu is idle at 37c and gaming 60-70 when load. Im thinking that maybe i need to use a different case like maybe nzxt 510 Elite. But idk what fan curve i should put the fans and the gpu. Can someone plz help me?

Your specific GPU and CPU temperatures do not seem overly high and are probably fairly normal. There is a lot of variance between models, voltages, overclocks, and specific load.

If you want to assess whether the case is retaining too much heat and granting you a temperature penalty, you'll need to compare some baseline idle and load numbers. CPU and GPU are voltage and load dependent, so the don't really help. One source you can use the H100i Temp (coolant temperature) for the cooler. Most people will ide +4-7C over their room temp and I would expect a load rise of +6-8C for extended CPU load. If you find yourself higher than that at idle and load, you are probably retaining extra heat. Of course, this might be solvable through normal case management stuff like fan direction etc.

The other thing to look at is the motherboard temp sensor. It's usually down near the chipset shield, but it gives another data point for case temperature. If you find yourself in the 40s after gaming, the entire case is likely that temp and those extra 10C are additive to all hardware temps.