Corsair Community

Cooling Setup Question

CremeEgg

I recently installed a few new components into my system when swapping into a new case. I am a little new to the eco system so please forgive any ignorance.

I have a H115i Platinum RGB, this has the supplied fans connected directly and the CPU tach sensor to MB. H115i is installed at the front as intake. USB header is connected to USB expansion on Commander Pro to make cable routing easier.

I also have a Commander Pro and 3x ML140 Pro RGB, the CP is connected to my MB USB header, the three fans are connected in fan ports 1-3, the RGB is connected via the RGB hub. I have also attached 2 of the temp sensors and installed one at the back of the case and one at the top where the exhausts are.

Everything shows up in iCUE and seems to work for the most part, however the built in curves for the CP don't do anything. Quiet/Balanced/Extreme all sit at 1100-1200 RPM all the time.

Coolant temp from H115i reports at 27.6c.

Temp probes from Commander report at 27.5c & 28.5c.

If I add a custom profile and set it to the CPU package then the fans will slow down to like 400 RPM or so.

Have I set something up incorrectly? Should the default profiles work at all?

Default profiles on the H115i seem to work fine, with balanced it is around 400-500 RPM for fans currently.

Only other thing that seems off, the CP reports Hydro X detected and wants me to run setup, however I don't have any pumps or anything connected. I assume this may be because I have connected the H115i USB off the CP? Should I move that to a MB header?

Get off the presets or any CPU temp based curve on the Commander. Those presets default to cpu temp since it’s the only thing every system is guaranteed to have, but cpu temp is a lousy and unrelated control variable for case fan control. You have the temp sensors in and if you have a feel for the normal range you can set the curves for that. Other quick solutions are GPU temp or the H115i coolant temp to balance the front fans.

I thought we had gotten rid of that Hydro X message. Dismiss it and it won’t come back, at least until the next iCUE install. All it’s doing is asking to install the Hydro X fan and pump curves. You don’t need them and they don’t work for the AIOs.