Corsair Community

Integrating iCUE H150i and 9x iCUE QL120 fans

kirasuce

I'm currently finishing gathering information to order all the parts for my build.

Goal:

Use the following

- iCUE H150i RGB Pro XT Liquid CPU Cooler

- 9x iCUE QL120 RGB 120mm PWM White Fan

- Corsair iCUE Commander PRO ?

My intention is to replace the 3 fans that come with the iCUE H150i RGB Pro with 3 iCUE QL120 RGB fans.

Meaning I will have 9x QL120 RGBS fans for the build which will come with 3 Lighting Node COREs.

Question:

How do I control all 9 fans? Through the 3 Lightning Node COREs? Do I need a Corsair iCUE Commander PRO?

With what you have, yes, via the Lighting Node Cores. You'd need two of them (each can support up to 6 fans).

Do you need a Commander Pro? No. Is it good to have? Yes. It'll allow you to control the fan speeds. Three of your fans will be controlled from the cooler and the other six could be on the CoPro. Also, using RGB Fan LED Hubs (which you'd have to get - they are $9.99 on Corsair.com), you'd be able to control the fan LEDs from the CoPro - so you wouldn't need the NoCos. This would save USB ports.

I'm currently finishing gathering information to order all the parts for my build.

Goal:

Use the following

- iCUE H150i RGB Pro XT Liquid CPU Cooler

- 9x iCUE QL120 RGB 120mm PWM White Fan

- Corsair iCUE Commander PRO ?

My intention is to replace the 3 fans that come with the iCUE H150i RGB Pro with 3 iCUE QL120 RGB fans.

Meaning I will have 9x QL120 RGBS fans for the build which will come with 3 Lighting Node COREs.

Question:

How do I control all 9 fans? Through the 3 Lightning Node COREs? Do I need a Corsair iCUE Commander PRO?

Where do you buy the AIO?

It's been announced since months but never been avaliable...

Baio

With what you have, yes, via the Lighting Node Cores. You'd need two of them (each can support up to 6 fans).

Do you need a Commander Pro? No. Is it good to have? Yes. It'll allow you to control the fan speeds. Three of your fans will be controlled from the cooler and the other six could be on the CoPro. Also, using RGB Fan LED Hubs (which you'd have to get - they are $9.99 on Corsair.com), you'd be able to control the fan LEDs from the CoPro - so you wouldn't need the NoCos. This would save USB ports.

1. So if I'm understanding this correctly the 3 fans that are paired with the cooler I'll be able to control the speed & leds with the cooler?

2. The other 6 fans can be be controlled with 1 RGB Fan LED Hub and 1 CoPro so I won't need the Lightning Node Cores (Does NoCos = Lightning Node Core)? Also aren't the Lightning Node cores the same as an RGB Fan LED Hub?

I attached the RGB Fan LED hub I found, Corsair seems to be out of stock at the moment.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Accessories/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075GWMJ68?creativeASIN=B075GWMJ68&imprToken=pmtfcelxSqjZ.y-a0bD5lA&slotNum=0&tag=corsair070-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

1) Just the fan speeds. Not the LEDs.

2) All nine need to be on a Lighting Node Core (NoCo) or a Fan Hub. And no, the Fan Hub is not the same as an NoCo. The NoCo is a single lighting channel and fan hub in one device. The Fan Hub is just for power and signal distribution; it requires a lighting channel from a CoPro or Lighting Node Pro.

1. So if I'm understanding this correctly the 3 fans that are paired with the cooler I'll be able to control the speed & leds with the cooler?

The speed yes, the lighting no. The lighting will be controlled from the lighting controller, whether that ends up being a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Core. The AIO will have settings for the pump ring LED, but the fan RGB wires will still go the Core or Commander.

2. The other 6 fans can be be controlled with 1 RGB Fan LED Hub and 1 CoPro so I won't need the Lightning Node Cores (Does NoCos = Lightning Node Core)? Also aren't the Lightning Node cores the same as an RGB Fan LED Hub?

If you do the Commander, you can connect up to 6 QL on each RGB Lighting Hub. That means you would need 2 hubs for 9 QL. Yes, these can be hard to locate and most people end up with them through the multipacks. The Lighting Node Core is a little different and connects back to the system via USB 2, not an RGB wire. You could connect the two Core devices into the 2 USB 2 pass through ports on a Commander. Depending on where you are, the QL120 triple pack prices out the same as 3 singles, so there isn't any reason not to get the mutli-pack with the Core under those circumstances.

The speed yes, the lighting no. The lighting will be controlled from the lighting controller, whether that ends up being a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Core. The AIO will have settings for the pump ring LED, but the fan RGB wires will still go the Core or Commander.

If you do the Commander, you can connect up to 6 QL on each RGB Lighting Hub. That means you would need 2 hubs for 9 QL. Yes, these can be hard to locate and most people end up with them through the multipacks. The Lighting Node Core is a little different and connects back to the system via USB 2, not an RGB wire. You could connect the two Core devices into the 2 USB 2 pass through ports on a Commander. Depending on where you are, the QL120 triple pack prices out the same as 3 singles, so there isn't any reason not to get the mutli-pack with the Core under those circumstances.

Took the time to read everyone’s comments and do my more research this is what I came up with. Please tell me if I got this correct!

https://imgur.com/a/SB8FXCE

Last step connect Commander Pro to Motherboard!

Edited by kirasuce