Corsair Community

Can i use Corsair LL120 RGB single fan for CPU ?

Leejun

Hi, sorry for my bad english. I have cooler master T4 cpu air cooler. has 120 mm fan on it. Fan started making noise, so i need change it. im going to buy single Corsair LL120 RGB (SKU CO-9050091-WW) Static Pressure 3.0 mm-H2O and Speed 2200 ±10% RPM fan. i think its enough for my cpu. Already T4 's fan weaker than LL120.

Also i have Asus rog Strix rtx 2060 oc edition. Two 4 pin external fan and 1 aura rgb header pin on my asus graphic card. i will connect LL120 4 pin to mainboard cpu fan header. Question is if i connect LL120 4 pin rgb to aura rgb header on my asus graphic card. It can be work with it ?

STRIX_Layer-with-color.thumb.png.d5d3e15c4d9de7d0e6964a574ffac737.png

If you connect the Fan RGB to a four-pin motherboard header, you will fry the LEDs.

The Corsair RGB is 5V. Four pin motherboard RGB is 12V. Plus they are completely different protocols.

If you have a 3-pin motherboard header, there are ways to control the fan RGB but requires 3rd party, unsupported (by Corsair) adapters.

• 2 weeks later...
If you connect the Fan RGB to a four-pin motherboard header, you will fry the LEDs.

The Corsair RGB is 5V. Four pin motherboard RGB is 12V. Plus they are completely different protocols.

If you have a 3-pin motherboard header, there are ways to control the fan RGB but requires 3rd party, unsupported (by Corsair) adapters.

thank you for your answer DevBiker