Corsair Community

iCue+Commander pro+ML fan problem

Kompura

I'm having 3 140mm ML pro fans and one 120mm ML pro attached to Commander Pro. I'm controlling those through iCue.

According to reviews, 140mm fan should have max rpm ~2000 and 120mm max ~2400rpm.

Anyhow I'm not able to get more than ~1170rpm when setting fans to max from iCue.

Anybody else having similar issue and any solution to that?

I'm also having Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM, and those fans (140mm ML) can be set to ~2000rpm using iCue so why not via Commander Pro.

Edited by Kompura
Addition:

There are multiple variations of the ML fan. The original ML-Pro, twin pack, H100i Pro, and Platinum series coolers have a 2000 or 2400 rpm limit depending on size (120 vs 140mm).

The ML-RGB, H115i Pro, and H150i Pro coolers come with the “ML Quiet”, a lower speed version. 120mm=1600 and 140mm=1200 rpm.

Presumably you have some ML140 RGB you’ve bought. The exact product name and specifications should be on the box.

There are multiple variations of the ML fan. The original ML-Pro, twin pack, H100i Pro, and Platinum series coolers have a 2000 or 2400 rpm limit depending on size (120 vs 140mm).

The ML-RGB, H115i Pro, and H150i Pro coolers come with the “ML Quiet”, a lower speed version. 120mm=1600 and 140mm=1200 rpm.

Presumably you have some ML140 RGB you’ve bought. The exact product name and specifications should be on the box.

Thanks! That seems to be my issue, I'm having 140mm ML Pro RGB fans. Fans coming with H115i Platinum RGB cooler are also ML RGB but they are capable of 2000rpm.

Corsair is not selling those ML RGB fans capable to 2000rpm separately, at least I don't find those in their website?

Probably have been bought out and I am seeing a lot of supply problems now across the electronics industry. That should be expected in light of current events.

I don't know why they never released the high speed RGB version as a stand alone model. I was sure they would. Doesn't look like that will happen.

I can confirm this.

The 2 x ML 140mm fans that come with the H115i Plat spin at 2000RPM.

The twin pack ML 140s RGB version spin at 1200RPM max. I have 2 of these at the top of my case and they are pretty quiet at max speed.

The ML 140 Pro with no LED spins at 2000 RPM - I have one of these for exhaust. It's pretty noisy at max speed, probably because the back end of the case is closest to me.

The ML 120 Pro with no LEDs spin at up to 2400 RPM - I've removed these from my case for the time being because they can get so noisy. They really do blast air though. I had 3 of these mounted in the top of my case and could literally feel a puff on air on my face when they spin up to full speed from 2 meters away.