Corsair Community

iCUE Commander Pro and LL Fans problems

awakeman

Hi all,

I have a set of Corsair - H100i RGB Platinum (2 x ML Pro 120 fans), 465X RGB PC Tower (3 x LL 120 fans + Lighting Node Core) and Commander Pro.

This is how I linked everything -

CORSAIR-F_qaaeaeh.png

I had a problems with LL fans which were working too loud. These were jumping between 400 and 1500 RPM every 40-50 secs. I found solution on this forum and I set curve by myself. It 's better but not sure if it's ok for playing video games. Also iCUE App works very bad, some lines just disappear and back again. Please, watch this quick video I made -

[ame]

[/ame]

Can someone help me, please? I assembled this PC for my daughter who doesn't live with me. Before I give it to her want to be sure that everything is perfect.

PC specs-

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

Ryzen 5 2600

16 GB RAM - 2 x 8 GB Corsair 3200 RGB

RX 580 4GB

Corsair RM750x 80 PLUS Gold 750 W Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Unit

EDIT -

HWiNFO shows some errors -

1PNG_qaaeaee.png

2PNG_qaaeaew.png

Edited by awakeman

Were you running HWiNFO64 in the background while doing this? I can see it on the desktop and whenever you see impossible gibberish values like 0.0 on the 12v rail or 33,000 rpm on the fans, it's a polling/monitoring problem.

It is possible to run HWiNFO at the same time, but you need to set it up to do so. First, make sure you use the "Portable" version from the download site. This version will retract the driver when you close it. I suspect this is why you getting garbage numbers even though HWiNFO does not appear to be running. The second part is to exclude monitoring in HWINFO for the Commander Pro and AIO. This should prevent them from trying to access the device at the same time.

Really, for most users you don't want to run multiple overlapping monitoring programs anyway. Recent CPUs put a fair amount of resources into everything. This probably is a non-issue once the build is finished and you are satisfied everything is running as it should. ICUE will be essential for her to manage color changes and any fan speed adjustments that need to be made through the seasons. To that effect, you will want to set up some case fan curves for her and not the default (quiet/balanced/extreme) presets in the Commander Pro. Those are based on CPU temp and that is both far too dynamic and unrelated to case fan function. Easiest solution is to use GPU temp or the AIO temp to balance the various fan speeds and keep a steady pace. Advanced use is the thermal probes that came with the Commander, but that might not be ideal if the user is not interested in physical check ups. Too easy to pull one out of place, tape falls off, etc. and then the value is drastically altered. It also requires a fair amount of fine tuning during the initial set-up to find the range.

You were right, HWiNFO64 was runnig in the background and that's why iCUE wasn't working fine. I deleted HWiNFO64, restarted my PC and launched iCUE again. No problems at all right now. Thanks!

I set a custome curve for my Radeon RX 580. What do you think about this?

[ame]

[/ame]

That is probably fine for the rear exhaust and the 1 front intake fan that is likely at the bottom. Not sure if you have top fans or it is passive exhaust, but those can also be set to run with the H100i Temp to exhaust the CPU cooler waste heat.

In the end, the exhaust curves are not critical. You don't overheat because the fans were running 800 rpm instead of 900 rpm. She is most likely to notice and be bothered by noise. A conservative fan curve is just fine. The default presets are not conservative and will race up and down all the time.

One thing more, I set a custom curve for my LL fans which is 340 RPM for 48C and goes to 390 RPM for 55C. Currently my GPU has 52C and fans are working in 650 RPM. Do you know why? These should have around 360-370 RPM due to my setting. Edited by awakeman