Corsair Community

Corsair H115i Platinum - pump clicking noise when speed set to Quiet or Balanced

FaKeAlity

Hi all,

today I bought above mentioned cooling system. When I set (in the iCUE app) the Quiet or Balanced pump speed, the pump is making this "clicking noise". It's worse on Quiet, but even on Balanced you can pretty much hear it. The Extreme speed works fine.

You can see (hear) that in this video I made. I read somewhere that I can try run on Extreme for 24 hours. Is this true, or should I just apply my warranty from my seller?

Thank you very much.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Hi,

I had the exact same problem. Ordered a replacement and it also has the same problem. I think the pump design is flawed and is getting air trapped inside the pump housing hence the clicking.

If you lay your case flat on the table does the sound disappear? There seems to be a lot of people with this problem now. Hopefully corsair will acknowledge it.

Hi,

I didn't try it flat unfortunately, today I applied my warranty and we will see with the next piece.

It's true that in the manual is the position of cooler horizontal, I have mine vertical, but I also saw a few guides on how to install this cooler, and in some of them there was this vertical position, so I don't think that should be the problem.