Corsair Community

H115i fan upgrade

Tommos

Hi all,

I currently have the Corsair Hydro Series H115i Pro 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler, i'm wanting to upgrade the fans to RGB and have a couple of questions.

1. Which fans should i go with?

2. Where abouts do i connect these fans to control the RPM in relation to the cpu temp like the old ones do aswell as the RGB.

I have the corsair commander, will i connect them to this or somewhere else? Thanks

1) Which fans? The ones you like the most. None of the RGB models are inexpensive. If you are going to do it, you should love it. There are some people who will haunt themselves over a 1C loss in performance. Most people will be happier with the one that looks great and isn't overly intrusive on the noise spectrum. I would look at videos online to see the different lighting aspects. All four models (HD/ML/LL/QL) are different in their constructions and light tone. I have left out the SP and SP-PRO because they are 3 pin DC models and will not work with the AIO's PWM controller.

2) The normal fan power/control wire will go to the H115i pro splitter like your current fans. Fan control will still be in H115i Panel. Lighting control will be in the Commander Pro panel and that is ultimately were the RGB wires will connect. You already have the lighting controller you need (Commander Pro), but you also need a RGB Lighting Hub. This physically supplies the 5v power to the fan lights. You can get this from Corsair and few places directly, but it can be hard to find and 3rd parties often jack up the price. The better option may be to compare the price on the RGB fan 140mm "dual pack" that contains a RGB Lighting Hub (and Lighting Node Pro or Core) vs the price of 2 single 140mm RGB fans plus acquiring extra accessories. If you need those, it is almost always economically better to buy the multi-pack.