Corsair Community

Upgrading to ICUE from CUE/Link

Kosie

Hi Guys

Sorry if this has been asked before but as title suggest, I'm looking to upgrade from Corsair Link and Corsair Utility Engine to the new iCUE software which to my understanding does everything in one in hope that it will fix some issues I'm having with my headset.

My question is, I have some specific fan profiles set for my H110i cooler and wanted to know if the profiles from that are migrated over to iCUE? If not, is there a way to back them up and copy them across?

And lastly, once iCUE is installed and working I assume it's safe to uninstall the old software right? Or does ICUE kinda do that for you during the process of setup.

Thanks

iCUE (CUE 3) is the merger of the prior CUE 2 (peripherals) and Link (internal devices) programs. It physically replaces CUE 2 in the registry, so that will disappear on install and its contents imported. Link is not in the same place and is not overwritten. It will remain and even load up like normal, but iCUE will now do the same job and you will get a message saying as such. Link is now excess baggage.

Now the tricky part. iCUE will not take any of Link's settings on install because it is not absorbing it's functions. You will need to set these up again. I suppose the good news is the pump LED and fan curves are not as complex/tedious as keyboard lighting, so it could be worse. Also, since these items are now tied into joint profiles, you will now be matching fan curves and H110i lighting with KB/mouse/headset lighting etc. They will all be linked on the same profile. And that then brings me to the largest complication.

It's been 2 years since iCUE replaced these two programs and there have been a lot of changes. One of the most significant came in the second year and it allowed devices to see profile data as linked to a specific device type (like LL fans) versus the exact RGB channel and device it was created on. This was really helpful for people creating profiles, sharing, and even basic stuff like moving your RGB strips from Ch 1 to Ch 2. However to make that happen the profile format was changed. Anyone attempting to import a CUE 2 profile with iCUE 3.14 or later will crash the app. If you have CUE 2 data worth saving, I think you will need to first load up an old CUE 3 prior to the change, then do a second install of the current CUE 3.27 to bring you up to speed. It's hard to guarantee everything comes through exactly as it was.

CUE 3.10. Use this for the first upgrade to CUE 3.

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.10.125_release.msi

Then over-install 3.27 on top of that. Download page is here or the direct link is below.

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.27.68_release.msi