Corsair Community

Lighting Node CORE

Woobang

I just purchased the SP120 RGB PRO Kit (SKU CO-9050094-WW). I'm not an expert but I'm no dummy... Description says that you can control fan speeds, I can't. Video on the site describes that the Lighting Node CORE is all that's needed. I was surprised to see the fans come with 3 pin connectors (no pwm pin). Not one install or how to video makes any mention of the 3 pin connectors. Without other directions I connected the fans to MB and the fans are way to loud at full speed. I have to be able to control the speeds, what did I miss or do I need another part? I do notice that the so called "Lighting Node CORE" says "RGB HUB" could this bee the issue? I spent 3 hours taking my system apart to install this kit... VERY UNHAPPY! There is nothing to indicate that I would require any other parts or I would not have purchased this kit. Now I can't return them (not now at least) due to COVID-19.

Attached is an image to see the label on the node.

Thank you for any help!!!

IMG_1141.thumb.jpg.4aff067626f8ca8a7588137775af8a26.jpg

Edited by Woobang
Fixing image

The fans you chose are not PWM, as indicated in Corsair website. But being a 3-pin fan does not mean you can't have RPM management over it.

If you don't want to buy an additional controller (like Commander Pro), you should be able to set you motherboad fan headers to voltage control instead of PWM in the BIOS and get RPM control.

The Lighting Node Pro is only for RGB control.

Baio