Corsair Community

Vengeance vs Dominator

Ranutso

I was checking the QVL list for my motherboard and I noticed that some of the Vengeance memory specs in there seem even better (lower timings for the same frequency) than Dominator's. Isn't Dominator Corsair's top tier memory? What is the catch?

If you have money to burn then get the Dominator RGB. And care about squeezing all you can out of it. Or care about benchmarking and synthetic numbers then it will probably be a better choice for you. How good? No one knows as it is all silicon lottery when you purchase it. Or save some cash and buy the cheaper set and get maybe an M.2 or something else you need.

Some people like the Dominator logo and the square top LEDs. Some hate the "Tramp Stamp" Logo branding. It is a love and hates relationship. I think about "Knight rider" when I look at them. In the end, get what makes you happy. After all, it is your money. If buying yourself some "premium" ram makes you happy. Then go for it. We are all different and that is what makes the world go around.

I have the Dominator RGB but I bought it because I knew it had Samsung B-Die ICs on it. Is it better than my other ram, slightly if that? I think the Vengeance RGB Pro is the son of the Dominator RGB. I wished it was 2 sticks of 16GB and not 4 x 8GB though. But my other ram is about the same and cost maybe $150 less. My main reason was to keep most if not all on one Software to control it all.

Side note: The dominators do have the CAPELLIX RGB LEDs on it. They are extremely bright and I had to turn them way down to get it close to my RGB fans and AIO. If you need anything tested or anything done let me know.