Corsair Community

D Key not always working

socialwaif

I have a K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY MX Silent. It has been acting up. One key in particular - the D key - fails to register keypresses. Being as it is one of the WASD keys, it gets used a lot in games.

I have had issues with a few similar keys in the past. Did some cleaning underneath the keycap. Iso alcohol and compressed air. It seemed to fix it for the time being. Even used a handheld vacuum.

Looking for some guidance on how to further clean the switch area of the key. I was not sure if there was a FAQ or Knowledge Base type article about cleaning the parts under the keycap itself.

Dear User,

Similar issue has been faced by me few months earlier where the D key as well as S key has always issues in working. The reason is that, when you use these keys, the cushion it has will be used so much and hence it would be compressed and it will not work fine sometimes, I would recommend you to replaces these keys and promptly use it with care for longer usage results with those keys. I do the same when i had issues.

Suggest me if there is anything alternative that you have done to fix these issues, i would love to hear back from you.

Regards

browse