Corsair Community

Potential new user, questions about linking Icue

LastRifleRound

Deciding between the ASUS Aura Sync ecosystem and Icue. I know they work together now (kind of), but I have some questions on some conflicting info I've been seeing.

1. Do Corsair QL fans sync with other, non-ql devices? I understand the actual pattern (like gated) can't pass through keyboards and the like, but do they do other effects?

• Does Corsair RGB RAM sync with fans of any type? I saw some posts saying that RAM will sync with other RAM, but not with fans and light strips.

All of the Corsair devices can sync with each other. This can be gone globally through "Lighting Link" patterns or you can selectively apply it while using other patterns for other devices. I can make my KB, mouse, mouse pad do a synced lighting sequence while my fans and RAM doing something different. You can also stack effects. My fans can do a soft while like the rest of the system, but I can then add type lighting on top of it so they go colorful when I am banging away. At the same time I can exclude that form other devices so it isn't so overwhelming. There are a lot of options.

RAM is no different than other devices, except in one respect. It physically looks different and have a smaller space. Lighting effects across a 100+ key board or 6 QL fans will not look the same as a pair Vengeance Pro sticks with 2 columns of LEDs. The RAM will sync with all the other Corsair devices, although most of the time I set it do its own thing in some complimentary way.

Currently iCUE has MB integration for the board LED zones plus 12v extensions. 5v D-RGB strips or Asus GPUs will not have controls in iCUE, but of course will still work from Aura. There are 3rd party adapters that can connect other 5v RGB devices to the Corsair controllers. GPUs are a whole different bag. You have to use whatever the manufacturer makes available.