Corsair Community

I can not install iCUE Software

Mr Brooksy

G'day all,

Brand new to this Forum. I've got a few Corsair bits on my rig, but I just took delivery of a new K70 RGB mkII Low profile and I've been trying unsuccessfully to download and install the iCUE software most of the afternoon. I have downloaded it 3 times from the Corsair site and I'm in the middle of downloading an older version elsewhere to see if that works.

The issue I keep having is:

"The cabinet file 'cab1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, and error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

This is the same issue for every file downloaded from Corsair.com

For the fun of it I tried installing it to another drive, made no difference as expected.

Log attached.

msi.log

I've tried multiple times, downloading to different drives & folders. I always get the same error.

After running a K90 for many years, it finally died. I replaced it with a K95 Platinum.

Maybe I should have tried something else...

I found an older version and it installed no problem. At this stage I am hesitant to update it considering the large number of people having issues with the latest version!

For those who are interested, I downloaded and used v. 3.23.66

I was hoping though that the software would auto detect the case and fan that are both Corsair (no idea what version or how to find out) so that I can change the RGB on that as well. But alas, iCUE only detected the K70. Any ideas on how to a) identify the case and fan, and b) get the software to detect and control it?

I was hoping though that the software would auto detect the case and fan that are both Corsair (no idea what version or how to find out) so that I can change the RGB on that as well. But alas, iCUE only detected the K70. Any ideas on how to a) identify the case and fan, and b) get the software to detect and control it?

What case are you using?

About downloading a corrupt installation file from Corsair... do you have any OC in your system?

Baio

Hey mate, yeah no idea. Its a pre-built machine which I picked up because the store sold it and had it returned. They couldn't figure out what the issue was, and so it was very inexpensive, so I bought it, and we figured out the issue (motherboard). So I have no real idea what the model Corsair case or fans are. Any idea where I should start to look?

Also, no Overclocking going on except matching the RAM advertised setting.

Hey mate, yeah no idea. Its a pre-built machine which I picked up because the store sold it and had it returned. They couldn't figure out what the issue was, and so it was very inexpensive, so I bought it, and we figured out the issue (motherboard). So I have no real idea what the model Corsair case or fans are. Any idea where I should start to look?

Also, no Overclocking going on except matching the RAM advertised setting.

I don't have a Corsair case, so I can't say if there is something inside which helps to identify it... shooting some photo (both inside and outside) could help to understand what's the case and mostly what's inside it.

Bu if finally you managed to install iCUE (even if an older version), does it only recognize the keyboard? Not all Corsair cases are iCUE compatible or have inside prebuilt stuff to be recognized (like Commander Pro).

For the downloading issue, try to set the RAM in Auto and donwload it again.

What RAM are they?

Baio

The case seems to be a 270R:

https://www.corsair.com/it/it/Categorie/Prodotti/Case/Case-Mid-Tower-Carbide-Series%E2%84%A2-270R-ATX-con-finestra/p/CC-9011105-WW

If so, there's no way iCUE can detect it or the fan inside, none of them is compatible.

The fan seems to have only fixed red leds... if it was a RGB fan should have 2 cables, one for RPM management and one for RGB setting.

The only left thing to clarify is way you got a corrupted installation file for 3 times... I suspect RAM is the culprit.

Baio

The case seems to be a 270R:

https://www.corsair.com/it/it/Categorie/Prodotti/Case/Case-Mid-Tower-Carbide-Series%E2%84%A2-270R-ATX-con-finestra/p/CC-9011105-WW

If so, there's no way iCUE can detect it or the fan inside, none of them is compatible.

The fan seems to have only fixed red leds... if it was a RGB fan should have 2 cables, one for RPM management and one for RGB setting.

The only left thing to clarify is way you got a corrupted installation file for 3 times... I suspect RAM is the culprit.

Baio

Thanks SO much for the info regarding the Case and Fan! I'll look into getting some RGB fans down the track. I'll reset my RAM in Bios and see if that helps.

I did read a thread on this forum about using the iCUE to control Asus boards... cause my Asus software isn't playing with the Asus B450 Plus. I'm guessing I should ask some questions on that thread though, not here.

I am so new to RGB, and I am trying to catch up on tech... Soon as I got married and had kids, all the tech news was less critical than how to get your kid to sleep more than 2 hours at a time, navigate schooling etc...

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem installing iCUE. The first time I tried installing it popped up a Windows Defender dialog saying something like "install blocked, doesn't trust the source" (Sorry I didn't take a screenie of the exact words). I closed that and ran a virus check (just to be sure) and when that indicated no problems I tried installing again.

Same problem - windows defender message. This time I chose "more options" and forced it to install. The install started and seemed to be working, right up til it said "The cabinet file 'cab1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used". I retried the install and windows defender no longer pops up, but the install always fails with the same cab1.cab problem.

I tried moving the installer to a different drive and making sure the path was short but same problem. Tried a new download same problem. Tried renaming the installer (just added a 1 to it) and it works ok. No idea why, but if anyone else is having the problem maybe try renaming the installer and see if it helps.

Oops, forgot a step. Just before renaming the installer I also went into the temp folder (C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\Local\Temp) and removed any corsair folders. It's possible that helped too.

Edited by skrybe